Global Livelihood Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Global Livelihood Advisor (m/f/d) – CBID
The Main Objective of the Role
Reporting to the CBID Initiative Director, the job holder will act in the role of Lead Technical Advisor in the area of livelihood. The Global Livelihood Advisor will drive thought leadership and programme excellence in the area of disability-inclusive livelihood programming across CBM’s portfolio. This includes further developing and embedding relevant standards into programme design, implementation and evaluation as well as representation in relevant fora. .
We Are Looking For Someone Who Will…
• Develop relevant standards, policies, guidelines and tools
• Analyse relevant research, policies and trends and drive innovation, translating these into practice
• Contribute to and review concept notes and, programme proposals
• Give input or lead on assessments, planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises (at partner, country, regional, global levels)
• Train, coach and mentor regional level advisors/experts
• Proactively support sharing and learning networks (community of practice)
• Be a member of relevant international associations/networks and have a global network of external expertise
• Advise internal stakeholders such as CBM Regional and Country offices or other functions upon request
• Respond to external requests for advisory support on a case by case basis
• Ensure internal and external communication about CBM’s activities in the area of livelihood
Job Skills: Not Specified
We Are Looking For Someone Who Has…
• Professional background and Academic Degree in Development cooperation, Social Work, Sociology, Business Management and/or Economics
• Knowledge in applying relevant tools and methods (project cycle management, participatory approaches, community Mobilisation)
• Experience in Disability-inclusive Development would be advantageous
• A background and work experience of at least 7-8 years in large programmes with focus on poverty alleviation and livelihoods
• Excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art livelihood approaches (inclusive employment, rural inclusive livelihood programming, VSLA approaches)
• Knowledge and understanding of key players and stakeholders in Livelihood at global and regional level
• Solid networking skills internationally
• A profound understanding of global trends and priorities in Livelihood
• Experience in engaging with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams
• Strong team player, interpersonal and communication skills
• A result-driven approach and ability to liaise and leverage at senior level
• English professional proficiency. French would be advantageous
• Good skills in MS Office 365 and e-conferencing and webinar tools
• Exposure to digital tools and applications in the context of community development practice would be advantageous
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section on our web site. If you visualise this role as the next great step to build on your international career, we would love to hear from you!
Job Education Requirements: Academic Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5-7 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application deadline: August 2, 2020.
This is an unlimited contract position to be based in one of CBM´s offices (preferably in Africa), subject to the international scope of the country´s specific national labour and immigration laws founded in the existent Immigration frameworks.