Jobs at:Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
15th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women's status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission promoting the social-economic status of women, in partnership with TradeMark East Africa is implementing the Greater Inclusion of Women in Trade (GIWT) project. The projects aim at improving the social-economic empowerment of women in cross border trade through 4 components of capacity building, improved trade environment, enhanced market linkages and advocacy for better implementation of legal and policy frameworks on cross border trade and regional integration.
It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for one (1) suitable candidate to fill the position of FIELD OFFICER at one of the selected borders. The Field Officer will work as a consultant for a one-year period renewable upon satisfaction of both parties. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and Program Manager, .
Field Officer will undertake the following specific tasks:
• Ensure the overall coordination of the project activities at the field level;
• Ensure program planning and implementation of project activities at the field level;
• Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project progress to the Project Coordinator and PFTH management;
• Support women cross border traders to get all necessary information on trade requirements, guidelines, working environment, and support women by linking them to responsible institutions in case of gender-based violence;
• Contribute to the project reporting and represent PFTH in different meetings and other events within the project coverage area;
• Collaborate with key partners of the project at the border and district level;
• Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the supervisors at Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications for Project Officer
• Broad knowledge of gender equality
• Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda
• Experience in networking and advocacy especially on gender-related issues
• Understanding of human rights-based approach
• Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda, knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage
• Excellent communicator orally and in writing
• Innovative self-driven and team player
• Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts
• Computer literate
• At least hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, rural development, political science, management, public administration, education, law or any other related fields.
• Holders of master’s degree in gender or any other related field are preferable for the prospective candidate
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in project management specifically related to trade, and gender
Job Education Requirements: bachelor’s degree in social sciences
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in hard copy to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s office by 4:30 pm 15th October 2019. ONLY Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.