Digital Skills Expert
Jobs at:Rwanda Information Society Autority (RISA)
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR EXPERTS FOR THE SINGLE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (SPIU) FOR THE RWANDA DIGITAL ACCELERATION PROJECT
Rwanda has distinguished itself as a country that is deeply committed to leveraging digital transformation as a means to accelerate growth and reduce poverty. Government is committed to using digitally enabled solutions, wherever possible, to leapfrog traditional approaches and support innovation in service delivery. Beginning as early as 2000, Rwanda began charting an ambitious course for achieving rapid digitization, through a series of five-year plans – culminating in the SMART Rwanda Master Plan. These policies have resulted in the progressive roll-out of digital infrastructure, impressive public e-services expansion (though from a very low base), as well as initiatives to support digital skills and to position Rwanda as a regional ICT hub, underpinned by government institutions and leadership committed to this agenda. Today, Rwanda continues to articulate ambitious strategies in relation to many of these areas. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as primary technical advisor, lead, and program manager for all digital skills related activities envisioned under the project,
• Support the coordination of related technical assistance and works financed by the project, collaborating with concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries to determine gaps and needs (as they evolve), provide technical advice, ensure effective planning, smooth implementation, adequate quality assurance, follow-up, maintenance, and support;
• Support the Procurement Specialist on the technical elements of procurement and contract management of related activities: (i) support concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries to prepare/refine/review technical terms of reference and bidding documents, and related selections; (ii) act as a contact for contracted consultants and firms in relation to the delivery of technical assignments; (iii) liaise with parties to ensure delivery of activities against agreed timelines and technical specifications;
• Stay abreast of emerging digital skills trends, in order to advise management and project stakeholder on new developments and emerging best practices that may positively shape project design, planning, etc including conducting ad hoc research as needed;
• Support the M&E Specialist on the technical elements of M&E framework design and set-up, maintaining an overview of progress and other detailed technical KPIs to ensure that broadband market growth leads to target subscription, device penetration figures as well as network usage and resilience, etc.;
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s degree in any of these fields: Information management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and ICT in Education, with 5 years of relevant working experience or;
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of these fields: Information management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, ICT in Education, with 8 years of relevant working experience
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested experts should apply online ( [email protected] ) and upload application documents including an Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, Identification card, copies of degree certificates, and professional certificates.
Only online applications shall be considered, and the folder containing application documents MUST be saved under the name of the job position applied for.
For any inquiries/clarification use the above email.
Address all applications to the Chief Financial Officer of the Rwanda Information Society Authority.
Deadline for application: Friday, December 11th, 2020.