Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has 8M+ users in Rwanda and o?ers over 98 services online. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem.
At Irembo, Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward.
- Perform installations, configuration, and upgrades of database software and related products.
- Daily database performance monitoring, optimization, and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Perform proactive database maintenance, monitoring, and database log management.
- Manage and perform database purging, indexing, backups, and recovery activities.
- Maintain development, test, and production database environments.
- Implement and maintain database security standards with access management and Audit Log trails.
- Manage / Plan/ optimize for the growth of Irembo Databases.
- You will be expected to be hands-on maintaining site availability.
- Implement a data pipeline, using apache-airflow, apache-nifi, debezium, or something similar.
You will be a great fit if:
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in related Databases.
- You are comfortable backing up, restoring, indexing, performance tuning, monitoring of performance as well as approving, rejecting, or advising on schema changes of database systems.
- Expertise in shell scripting and at least one scripting language.
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes and you always share your hard-won lessons.
- You have experience and are confident in debugging Linux systems
- NIX-based OS, core networking services and protocols, and web application security best practice.
- Supporting container-based infrastructure, specifically Docker / Kubernetes
- Source control and continuous delivery tools, specifically GitHub
Bonus Point if you have:
- Worked with the database in the cloud-native world, especially Kubernetes.
- Managed database using operators.
Submit your applications before the 15-February, 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th February, 2021.