Data Quality Intern
Kigali or Addis Ababa
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. We provide three types of services to clients:
- Data : comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions;
- Research : from the design of large-scale research projects through to analysis; and
- Advisory : strategic and technical research
Laterite’s growing network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. Our teams bring together more than 55 full-time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization.
You can find out more about Laterite on our website at: www.laterite.com
At Laterite, we tend to work simultaneously on a variety of short-term to medium-term research projects. As a Data Quality Intern, based in our Kigali office or in Addis Ababa, you will be assigned to one such project that will provide you with hands-on experience and a chance for the practical application of the tools and techniques you acquired at the University.
You will support one (or more) of Laterite’s data collection, research, or program evaluation projects. This might include conducting or assisting with:
- Survey coding using SurveyCTO
- Monitoring incoming data for quality assurance
- Cleaning data using STATA
Our ideal candidate is a recent graduate or a final year bachelor’s degree student.
- A completed or ongoing (final year) bachelor’s degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field
- Basic proficiency in Stata
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, COMM Care) is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable
- Knowledge of R and/or Python
This vacancy is not a full-time position at Laterite, but as an intern, you will receive a monthly stipend.
The internship will be for an initial 3-month period that could be extended to 6 months dependent upon performance and Laterite’s needs. The successful candidate will start in June 2021 .
Method of Application
Please upload your CV and your cover letter via our online application form: https://form.jotform.com/210764216050546
After submitting your application, you will be invited to complete a 30-minute quantitative assessment for which no special preparation is needed. Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
The deadline for applications is April 16, 2021.