Cyber Security Expert
Jobs at:Rwanda Information Society Autority (RISA)
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR EXPERTS FOR THE SINGLE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (SPIU) FOR THE RWANDA DIGITAL ACCELERATION PROJECT
Rwanda has distinguished itself as a country that is deeply committed to leveraging digital transformation as a means to accelerate growth and reduce poverty. Government is committed to using digitally enabled solutions, wherever possible, to leapfrog traditional approaches and support innovation in service delivery. Beginning as early as 2000, Rwanda began charting an ambitious course for achieving rapid digitization, through a series of five-year plans – culminating in the SMART Rwanda Master Plan. These policies have resulted in the progressive roll-out of digital infrastructure, impressive public e-services expansion (though from a very low base), as well as initiatives to support digital skills and to position Rwanda as a regional ICT hub, underpinned by government institutions and leadership committed to this agenda. Today, Rwanda continues to articulate ambitious strategies in relation to many of these areas. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead Cybersecurity and information security implementation under the project, support the design and effective implementation of cybersecurity-related activities;
• Actively monitor and assess new and emerging threats posing risk to the ecosystem and its information assets. Recommend tactical and strategic ways to eliminate or mitigate these risks under the implementation plan of the project;
• Ensure best practices in Cybersecurity are followed in the design and implementation of the project;
• Interface effectively with ecosystem partners, to provide security oversight and guidance for cybersecurity standards and protocols.
• Using best practice project management tools, follow a Cybersecurity Program project management and implementation plan with timelines, roles, and accountabilities
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, Information, and Communication Technology (ICT), Information Systems or equivalent, with a minimum 8 years of relevant work experience; or
• Master’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, ICT, Information Systems, or equivalent, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Possession of industry certifications highly preferred including, but not limited to, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS GIAC, SSCP, GISF, CEH, OSCP, CISM, CCNA Security, CCNA CyberOps, etc;
• Possession of Prince2 or PMP certification is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested experts should apply online ( [email protected] ) and upload application documents including an Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, Identification card, copies of degree certificates, and professional certificates.
Only online applications shall be considered, and the folder containing application documents MUST be saved under the name of the job position applied for.
For any inquiries/clarification use the above email.
Address all applications to the Chief Financial Officer of the Rwanda Information Society Authority.
Deadline for application: Friday, December 11th, 2020.