Jobs at:HR Management Services Ltd (HRMS Ltd)
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Civil Engineer to be hired by Rwanda Housing Finance Project will assist/advise on the Rwanda Housing Finance Project (RHFP) implementation, especially for the subsidy component of the RHFP that will involve of hiring contractors to develop the infrastructure facilities in the affordable housing estates. The Engineer will work hand in hand with BRD and Rwanda Housing Authority/ Mininfra on the implementation arrangements of the RHFP, especially the subsidy component . The Civil engineer will also work with PIU Team and PFI’s on matters related to financing houses fulfilling the standards of RHFP and RHA/Mininfra.
S/he will offer technical support in the development of technical ToRs for the RHFP and follow up on implementation of aspects related to civil engineering. .
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• Provide technical support on the implementation of the RHFP and specifically the infrastructure subsidy component through working hand in hand with Rwanda Housing Authority/ Mininfra, Contractors and the respective supervise companies;
• Provide technical support the valuation of works done related to infrastructure, by providing counter-valuation of works and offering technical recommendation that will serve as basis of disbursement of infrastructural subsidy;
• Provide capacity building to RHFP Staff in verifying fulfilment of RHFP construction requirements for houses and infrastructure;
• Provide technical support and advice in construction engineering projects to the RHFP Staff;
• Onsite assessment of performance for projects where clients of RHFP are to accesses houses to ensure compliance to affordable housing requirements;
• Assess the potential risks of specific projects collaborating with the RHFP, as well as undertaking technical risk management in specialist roles in order to recommend mitigations measures beforehand to avoid project failure and hence non-performance;
• Offer advisory services to the RHFP team in compilation of ToRs for Component II of RHFP and monitoring the implementation of the civil engineering aspects of the project;
• Assess relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments to avoid noncompliance that may have adverse impact on projects completion for projects where the RHFP has a stake;
• Carry on any other assignment delegated by the line managers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• A masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
• Experience & Skills
Experience and skills shall include but not limited to:
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in housing projects; support to affordable housing projects will be an added advantage.
• Strong project monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Knowledge of relevant industry sector challenges.
• Business development, donors and client relationship skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly across all lines of business.
• Relevant engineering computer skills.
• Familiarity with World Bank projects will be an added advantage.
Competencies shall include but not limited to:
• Demonstrated team leadership and high organizational skills;
• Excellent communication and analytical skills; • Ability to coordinate group activities, ensuring that role
s within the team are clear;
• An in-depth understanding of the local, regional and international housing markets;
• Ability to advise on areas of improvement in the civil engineering field.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=34245