Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD
Deadline of this Job:
12 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”. .
The Civil Engineer to be hired by Rwanda Housing Finance Project will assist/advise on the Rwanda Housing Finance Project (RHFP) implementation, especially for the subsidy component of the RHFP that will involve hiring contractors to develop the infrastructure facilities in the affordable housing estates. The Engineer will work hand in hand with BRD and Rwanda Housing Authority/ Mininfra on the implementation arrangements of the RHFP, especially the subsidy component. The Civil engineer will also work with PIU Team and PFI’s on matters related to financing houses fulfilling the standards of RHFP and RHA/Mininfra.
S/he will offer technical support in the development of technical ToRs for the RHFP and follow up on the implementation of aspects related to civil engineering.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• A masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
Experience and skills shall include but not limited to:
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in housing projects; support to affordable housing projects will be an added advantage.
• Strong project monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Knowledge of relevant industry sector challenges.
• Business development, donors, and client relationship skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly across all lines of business.
• Relevant engineering computer skills.
• Familiarity with World Bank projects will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.