Chief Technical Officer
Jobs at:MTN Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Technical Officer at MTN Rwanda .
• Identify, plan, implement and sustain a global standard technology infrastructure aligned to best practice.
• Ensure technical strategy & governance is aligned to medium to long-term business needs.
• Ensure network quality through the deployment of new & advanced optimization alternatives.
• Oversee and develop appropriate technology strategies aligned to network evolution and investment protection.
• Play a leading role to ensure that network technology is an effective enabler to meeting business commercial and stakeholder objectives.
• Provide technology/ technical leadership to the business by providing technical strategies to defend and grow voice and non-voice technology to support products medium to long term.
• Develop a technical service structure capable of sustaining longer term strategic and operational requirements.
• Gauge, assess and mitigate against all risks associated with the network.
• Ensure strategies are in place to manage network quality, traffic and sustainability.
• Develop strategies to effect all planned expansions & upgrade in order of priority in collaboration with Capital Projects Group.
• Provide people and cultural leadership in the Network function specifically in the areas of development, people management, career management performance management, culture renewal, structural, business plans, budget & fiscal responsibility.
• Ensure that the division meets the challenges of delivering the necessary technical support that ensures the delivery of high quality and timely services to user departments and customers.
• Develop, track, and control the divisional annual operating and capital budgets.
• Provide leadership with regard to People, Network related projects and deliverables.
• Provide leadership on business continuity and the risk aspects in the network technology area.
• Set clear directions, goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain progress and maintain motivation.
• Manage performance of team
• Manage staff career discussions, training and development and ensure necessary actions/ interventions are put in place
• Create an enabling environment and culture for team to perform aligned to MTN Global Talent Standard, Culture Operating System, and Values.
Involved in the process of hiring talent aligned to the MTN Global Talent Standard, Culture Operating System and Values
Job Skills: Not Specified
• BSc. Electronic Engineering / Telecommunications
• Postgraduate qualification
• Specialist/Professional certification is a plus
• Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience, 5years of which must have been at a Senior Managerial level and at least 5 years’ experience at a strategic management level in a multinational environment.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than 16th September 2020 at 1:00 pm through the job’s platform on: [email protected]