Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:AB Bank Rwanda Plc
Deadline of this Job:
18 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of Chief Finance Officer (CFO). The CFO, a member of the senior management team, is responsible for assisting management in the preparation of both short term and long term plans consistent with the bank’s strategic plan, helps management develop strategies that meet the bank’s immediate and long term goals, objectives, KPIs, and most especially in achieving profitability targets. With AB Bank being a part of the AccessHolding group, the CFO shall align the finance strategy and his/ her work also with the overall business and finance strategy of AccessHolding and the management.
Access Microfinance Holding AG („AccessHolding“) was established in 2006 by a group of international shareholders from the public and private sector. Our partners include among others the European Investment Bank, the International Finance Corporation, and KfW Development Bank. The business purpose of AccessHolding is to build up and control a network of commercial banks in developing and transition countries (the “AccessGroup”) with a target group focus on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The AccessGroup currently comprises ten financial institutions located in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, and the Caucasus and employs close to 5.600 staff serving more than 1.5M clients. The head office of AccessHolding, the parent company of the Group, is located in Berlin, Germany.
The CFO of AB BANK Rwanda reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer/CEO. .
• Establishment and development of the Bank-wide financial management objectives, policies, procedures, and practices that ensure that the Bank’s financial management remains sound at all times
• Management and development of the accounting, tax, reporting, controlling, and treasury units
• Oversight of all aspects of the finance functions of the Bank, including procurement
• Development and maintenance of internal controls systems to safeguard financial assets of the Bank and to ensure effective and efficient operations
• Liquidity management, liquidity forecasts, and funding of the Bank
• Capital management and planning
• Financial reporting management both internally and in compliance with external bodies
Job Skills: Not Specified
Necessary experience and knowledge
• Bachelor-’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics; master’s degree in any of these fields are preferred;
• Finance or Accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA, CFA);
• 10-years of banking and finance experience;
• Minimum 5-years of senior management experience;
• Experience in partnering with an executive team;
• Experience in fund raising;
• Experience in selecting providers and negotiating contracts, procurement;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at [email protected]
Deadline 18th December 2020
Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.