PROJECT : “Developing Capacity for Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure (DCCRR)” Grant No: NDF C79
AGENCY : RWANDA TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (RTDA)
FUNDING : NORDIC DEVELOPMENT FUND (NDF)
SUBJECT : CALL FOR STUDENT INTERNSHIPS AND EXCELLENCE AWARDS
RTDA, through the implementation of “Developing Capacity for Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure (DCCRR)” project, has a pleasure to call interested students to participate in the project implementation through the internship programme. This internship programme is open to the students of different academic levels: undergraduate and postgraduate in civil engineering, environmental & GIS students and TVET students. Female students are encouraged to apply.
The objectives of this internship programme include:
- To acquaint technicians, undergraduate and postgraduate students to the work of the Agency;
- To provide interns with practical skills in line with their academic studies;
- To promote a better understanding of RTDA operations;
- To mainstream climate change into future workforce for RTDA and private sector active in road transport infrastructure;
- To provide RTDA with potential future recruits of engineers, environmentalist and technicians who have the required knowledge and skills of designing and constructing Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructures.
How to apply:
A student who wishes to join the programme shall write a concept note or proposal, not exceeding 3 pages, on what he/she understands by “ To Build Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure” and how this target can be materialised considering one of the three solution areas listed below:
- Engineering climate resilient solutions in road transport sector;
- Environmental climate resilient solutions in road transport sector;
- GIS tools or GIS approach related to climate resilient solutions in road transport sector.
The concept note or proposal with full contact details of the applicant including his/her registration number and the name of university or school shall be sent to the email: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] , and [email protected] ; not later than 18 th December 2020 .
The applicants of shortlisted concept notes or proposals will be called for interview after which the successful applicants will get immediate placement.