Jobs at:Ministry Of Education
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Education is in the process of developing An Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS) to improve the overall efficiency of the education system. In this regard, MINEDUC is recruiting one Business Analyst to: .
MINEDUC is recruiting one Business Analyst to:
– Revise and define comprehensive business requirements for IEMIS including but not limited to, detailed business requirements, business processes, business rules, business process management, state machine diagrams, prototypes, etc
– Ensure that the education ICT solutions for data production, accessibility and utilization are meeting the education system’s needs.
– Build on the in
– depth EMIS assessment and roadmap to review, identify, prioritize, and document the education sector requirements on a regular basis.
– Identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements of the education system’s business processes on a regular basis.
– Ensure the identified ICT solutions are developed and deployed according to the documented requirements.
– Liaise with the system and software development team in the design of ICT solutions.
– Design and document Software Test cases.
– Define the integrated EMIS (IEMIS) policy, procedures, and processes framework.
– Develop education metadata standards and interoperability framework.
– Design and develop an education data warehouse, including the education data service bus.
– Upgrade and integrate the main core systems of the IEMIS, namely School Data Management System (SDMS) and the Teacher Management Information System (TMIS) with linkage to post
– secondary education IT systems (IEBMIS and TVETMIS).
– Conduct the User Acceptance Testing sessions and documentation.
– Work closely with the helpdesk officers to develop capacity development strategies, face
– face and online training tools.
– Support and monitor stakeholders’ engagement and capacity building activities.
– Support education data visualization, analysis, dissemination, and utilization.
– Support the deployment of the integrated EMIS, including capacity building and stakeholders’ engagement.
– Provide technical support to all other tasks related to IEMIS development and deployment as requested by MINEDUC or its aligned institutions (REB, HEC, RP, RTB, UR, NESA).
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and Software Engineering with 5years of relevant working experience.
Capable of revising and defining business requirements for IT solutions, including but not limited to, detailed business requirements, business processes, business rules, business process management, state machine diagrams, prototypes. Identify and recommend system features based on current business processes, changing business processes, context, and technological requirement, including system integration with external or third
– party IT systems. Good planning, organizing and communication skills and Fluency and excellent writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required. Knowledge of the Rwandan Education system is an asset.
The candidate must submit documents proving his/her experience as a Business Analyst. (Examples of proof: Appointment letter or Work certificate or Cover and last page of the signed contract).
Job Skills: Not Specified
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Proven experience in business analysis, an IT management or technology
– driven role, and/or demonstrated technical expertise in a relevant field.
– Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
– Proven experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
– Proven experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance.
– Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
– Proven experience in analyzing data to draw business
– relevant conclusions
– Knowledge in generating process documentation
– Deep understanding of Rwanda education processes is an added advantage
– Good organizational, analytical, conceptualization and problem
– solving skills.
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
– An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques and computing systems
PROCESS TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS
1. Scan your National ID together with documents proving your experience as Data Analyst.
2. Upload the documents in the place of ID;
3. Scan your degree and upload it on the place of Degree;
4. Apply for the post
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Vacancies/Details/6489