Accountant (Under contract)
Jobs at:Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal .
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare payments for projects (development budget)
• Receive purchase orders and requests for payments in local mode (through BNR)
• Process payment in smart IFMIS through local mode (indirect payments).
• Ensure approval of payment and submission to BNR
• Check regularly payments made by BNR or NIRDA?
• Strengthen and maintain network with BNR and Development partners and MINECOFIN.
• Filling of project accounting documents
• Put in place a proper filling system for project documents.
• Ensure regular filling of accounting documents for projects
• Facilitate internal and external audits
• Responsible for transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management documents.
• Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following project financial guidelines.
• Produce project monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
• Prepare bank accounts reconciliation statements
• Analyze financial statements for consistency
• Correct errors found in financial statements.
• Consolidate the accounting information and fill in the reporting format provided by MINECOFIN specifically for projects.
• Follow up the approval of the financial statement report submitted to development partners and MINECOFIN in due time.
• Ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents.
• Declare and pay VAT and withholding taxes of NIRDA – SPIU service providers
• Identify service providers whose VAT and withholding taxes are to be declared and paid.
• Fill in the RRA format for both VAT and withholding taxes.
• Process online declaration of VAT and withholding taxes though RRA website and print acknowledgement receipts.
• NIRDA – SPIU Banking & cheque and cash management.
• Prepare, register and keep cheques for projects.
• Prepare and Verify project staff payroll for bank transfers at the end of each month.
• Ensures all invoices from external parties (contractors, suppliers,…) are paid in due time, by bank transfer, cheque or cash and arrange those documents by date: His task is preparing bank transfer and cheque documents; and manage pipe line payment to external parties.
• Check and approve project payment documents and further the request to Finance department for payment.
• Attend and record all Project bank transactions, maintain bank accounts, ensure monthly bank statements and account overviews.
• Prepare cash calls prepare face forms to development partners and forward them for approval
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A0 in Finance, Accounting, and Economics specialized in Monetary and Banking and Management specialized in Accounting and Finance
• Masters in Finance, Accounting, Economics specialized in Monetary and Banking and Management specialized in Accounting and Finance
• Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) is an added advantage
• 3 years relevant experience in management of government or development partner funded programs/projects
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Vacancies/Details/6538