The Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a Non-Governmental Organization that was established in 2004 with an objective to setup up a platform for information sharing and consultation between CSOs and their partners. It operates in accordance with Law No. 04/2012 of 17/02/2012 on the organization and functioning of national non-governmental organizations in Rwanda. It is currently composed of 9 national umbrella Organizations which have more than 1400 Member NGOs in total. The RCSP main mission is to serve as a framework for consultation, reflection on common issues, information sharing, support, and mutual reinforcement and to provide valid interlocutor in the face of various partners of civil society.
To achieve its mission, RCSP wishes to recruit a highly motivated candidate to fill the following vacant post:
Post Title : Office Manager and Administrative Assistant to the Executive Secretary of RCSP
Duration of contract : Fulltime
Start Date: Immediately
The purpose of the position
The overall purpose of the position is to manage the office of the Executive Secretary and to provide secretarial, clerical, administrative and general office support to the Executive Secretary
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Manager of including: drafting correspondence, minute taking, filing and records keeping and related tasks;
- Manage office systems and filing procedures, plan, schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and other activities;
- Filling and follow up on all urgent signatures including the delivery of requests for quotations and other correspondences;
- Follow up on contract signatures with different authorities and ensure that they are signed on time;
- Arrange essential mails in priority action order for the Executive Secretary;
- Check deadlines of incoming requests and advise the Executive Secretary accordingly;
- Maintain calendar and ascertain which events require the presence of the Executive Secretary;
- Ensure judicious handling of all office issues;
- Screen visitors to minimize interruptions to the Executive Secretary;
- Organize and arrange the Executive Secretary’s appointments;
- Receive visitors to the Executive Secretary’s office;
- Prepare and proofread responses to letters addressed to the partners;
- Summarize detailed information for the Executive Secretary’s attention;
- Develop concept proposals for key initiatives and activities organized by RCSP
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communication strategy based on our target audience
- Coordinate promotional events and manage social media information for RCSP
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, speeches, and annual reports and other branding activities that communicate organizational activities to stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
SKILLS and REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Public/ Office Administration, Communication, Secretarial studies, Literature, and other related fields,
- Degree ranked in the first or second class honors upper division,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Demonstrate a capacity to work pro-actively with partners, Proficient level of MS Office package (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Complete mastery of Kinyarwanda and English is desired and French-speaking will be an added value.
- Strong leadership competency and supervisory skills; ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision.
- A self-starter,
- Good analytical and problem solving,
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of RCSP. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, facilitating change, developing teams, initiating action, strategic decision making, planning, and organizing, leading through organizational vision and mission
How to Apply
Your application should include the following :
A covering letter addressed to the Executive secretary of RCSP (i), a comprehensive CV including details of 3 persons of reference (ii) academic certificates ( diploma &Transcript) (iii) any other related recommendations or training certificates. Application documents should be submitted not later than 20 th August 2019 at 4 pm.
Applicants are kindly requested to hand-deliver their application documents (P hysically) at the front desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform or at the email of Rwanda Civil Society Platform ; firstname.lastname@example.org
The offices of the Rwanda civil society platform can be found at Kicukiro (Centre), KK371 st right next to House no 4.
For more information and direction, please contact Tel: +250788355437
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 05 th August 2019
Nyemazi John Bosco
Rwanda Civil Society Platform