MEAL Officer (Monitoring &Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning)
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HAGURUKA is a Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to promote and defend woman and child’s rights using international and national legal frameworks and policies.
With the support from German Cooperation (here: GIZ), Haguruka is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of the Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (MEAL) for 1 year.
Position: 1 MEAL Officer (Monitoring &Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) .
TERMS OF REFERENCE
• Report to the Executive Secretary;
• Communicate with decentralized staff in the frame of planned activities;
• Share information with project managers and other staffs leading implementation
• Collaborate with donors and other partners with under the supervision of the National Executive Secretary
• Can represent the organization in events related to his/her responsibilities
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Under the direct supervision of the National Executive Secretary, the tasks of the MEAL Officer include:
• Ensure results-based monitoring and evaluation;
• Design and manage Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Systems;
• Support design and implementation of systems to collect and analyze program performance data for evidence-based programming decisions;
• Audit tools to ensure compliance with donor requirements and Haguruka procedures;
• Centralize Huguruka’s data and manage database for all programs
• Ensure that lessons learned and best practices are taken into account in running implementation and incorporated into new program design.
• Develop staff and partner capacities that promote culture of learning and adaptation through systematic analysis of program data.
• Provide mentorship for all staff on the use of theory of change, sources, and means of verification set in the project/program documents they implement.
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by project staff and to verify the accuracy of reported data
• Conduct or facilitate internal evaluation, audit and learning processes;
• Prepare terms of reference of required studies and evaluations, supervise recruited consultants or participate in those requested by donors.
• Consolidate quarterly project reports (MIS) and disseminate them to relevant stakeholders
• Present evaluation and audit results where there are requested
• Share results with relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in activities planned by GIZ in the context of GIZ-Haguruka partnership
• Submit reports to GIZ as required
• Work closely with a seconded Development Advisor
• Participate in the internal meeting;
• Represent the organization in activities related to the MEAL;
• Contribute in the development of project/program proposals;
• Accomplish any other tasks for the organization when required
Qualification and Experience
• Minimum bachelor degree in Economics, development studies, management, Social sciences, or related fields.
• Working experience with an NGO or a public institution.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda (written and spoken), knowing French is an added value.
• Full computer literacy
• Being responsible, reliable, and proactive.
• Being a person of integrity
• Having interpersonal skills.
• Availability to start immediately
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Expression of interest and application
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents, and other certificates; and three reference persons including the last employer.
The application should be addressed to the Legal representative of HAGURUKA and delivered to HAGURUKA’s office located at KIMIRONKO District, KG 11, and AV 95 or via emails:
[email protected] ; by close of business day not later than 23/11/2020, 12H00 PM
N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written interviews. UMURERWA Ninette