- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, is seeking technical specialists for the anticipated DFID-funded ‘Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda’ (IAG-R) programme, an approximately £12 million programme to be implemented over four years as the second phase of the DFID-funded 12+ programme supporting adolescent girls in Rwanda.
The programme will provide up to 200,000 adolescents with the knowledge and capabilities needed to achieve their full potential, make better choices, take advantage of opportunities and better manage risk.
We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Head of Policy and Planning
The Head of Policy and Planning is responsible for 1) providing overall management to the technical assistance facility for the Government of Rwanda and the Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion (MIGEPROF) and 2) implementing and managing an Institutional Capacity Development Plan and strategic fund with MIGEPROF
The successful candidate will have over 10 years of technical experience in any of, but not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of and experience in planning, strategy development, and change management
- Demonstrated experience delivering high quality, effective written and verbal communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience in gender mainstreaming and gender policy
- Demonstrated experience working with ministry officials, ideally with MIGEPROF
- Understanding of the political system in Rwanda
- Experience on donor-funded programmes, preferably with the Department for International Development (DFID)
- Strong management skills
- Experience with results-based management
- A Bachelor’s degree in social science, public policy or related field
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Please reach out to IAGRrecruit@chemonics.com if you have any issues. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and finalists will be contacted for an interview.