Jobs at:African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE RWANDA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary role of the field Officer is to facilitate the promotion of the Self-Help Group approach among poor households, together with Community Facilitators with the support of the Field Coordinator for the benefits of vulnerable children.
The field officer builds the social, economic, and political pillars of the community. She/he is responsible for mobilizing community on saving and loans methodology and profiling them in different categories. He/she implements training sessions and workshop for project beneficiaries and Community Facilitators, in a timely and efficient manner using training techniques that are very participatory and hand-on. The field Officer develops and implements training plans for the technical aspects of the project. With the Field Coordinator, she/he will evaluate the effectiveness of the training. she/he is in charge of the SHG administration application.
The Field Officer is a key position, she/he works closely with Community Facilitators and report to the Field Coordinator. She/he is responsible for data collection and analysis for SHG Management system and reporting on SHG social, economic, and political performance. .
• Selecting and meeting village and cell leaders where the project will start its activities
• Facilitate rapid participatory needs assessment and agree on how to identify project beneficiaries (AEE & Local authorities).
• Conducting home visits to families that will be members of SHGs.
• Facilitate identification of extremely poor people to join SHGs with the guidance of the SHG principles and manual
• Facilitate linkage between SHGs and MFIs to access financial services
• Facilitate the activities of SHG (selecting leaders, book records, Internal rules and regulations, share out events, Etc)
• Facilitate and conduct the activity of providing livestock to extremely identifies vulnerable families.
• Facilitate and conduct training of trainers (TOTs) on topics related to SHG approach, CLA, Federation, HIV/AIDS, GBV etc.
• Facilitate the activity of choosing Community Facilitator.
• Facilitate and conduct quarterly meetings with CLA representatives to assess effectiveness and efficiency of referral system in place
• Facilitate CLA representatives to collect quantitative data (raw data for management information system on group savings and loan management) on impact of Self-Help Group approach on household economic status
• Facilitate monitoring meeting with key project stakeholders
• Provide reports regularly to the Field Coordinator on the progress of the project implementation
• Presents a positive image of AEE when communicating with others and produce work consistently that meets AEE and donor requirements
• Perform other related duties as required by AEE and deals honestly with members of the public and other organizations
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Have a Rwandan nationality
• Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as field Officer, teacher,
• Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in community mobilization
• Have a bachelor’s degree in: Agribusiness, Development studies, social studies, economics, management, and other related studies
• Have a strong participatory-building and training skills
• Be fluent in Kinyarwanda and English
• Have a valid driving license for Motorcycle
• Should not be above 35 years old.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Expression of interest letter
• Updated CV (maximum 2 pages) with contact details
• 3 references
• Copies of educational qualifications
• Church recommendation
• Copy of National Identity card.
• Copy of Driving license
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application documents written in English addressed to AEE Rwanda Executive Secretary exclusively to: [email protected] by February 21st, 2021 not later than 5:00pm Kigali time.