District Field Officer (DFO)
Jobs at:Tubibe Amahoro (TA)
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The District Field Officer will have the responsibility to coordinate and manage the implementation and monitoring activities of the PPIMA project in the District mentioned above as well as being a link to the District authorities and other stakeholders in the District of operation.
• Under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary, the District Field Officer will coordinate the implementation of the PPIMA project activities in operational area assigned to him/her.
• Take a leadership role ensuring joint planning and coordination with the project team.
• Coordinate the capacity building activities on field, work closely with project beneficiaries particularly Governance Focal Persons (GFPs), Inshuti z’Umuryango (IZU), Umugoroba w’Imiryango (UWI), National Women Council and local authorities.
• Participate and contribute in project reflection sessions and produce related monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
• With support from the Program Manager, document and disseminate the project implementation progress, best practices and lessons learned.
• Timely production and submission of reports as will be agreed upon with the line manager,
• Liaise and maintain dialogue with relevant governmental institutions and other partners to ensure the needed collaboration, synergy and sharing of experiences and communication with impact,
• Provide technical support to beneficiaries through training, supportive supervision, coaching and evaluation of their performance,
• Provide feedback on key issues that require special attention to the line manager and T.A management,
• Represent TUBIBE AMAHORO in relevant forums in the District where the project operates (such as JADF meetings, open and accountability days etc) and other forums as it may be assigned to her/him by the line manager,
• Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project resources including budget and assets
• The District Field Officer is expected to live in the District of operation
• Perform any other task as may be in line with duty.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, law, Demography, Development studies, Sociology, Psychology and other related social sciences
• Experience in working with community members, local authorities, Human Right Based Approach/HRBA, GBV programming, holding community meetings, outreach campaigns and performing advocacy within the context of Rwanda.
• At least 3 years of experience in similar position
• Sensitivity to citizens issues including gender and people living with disability related issues and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding gender and anti GBV work.
• Understanding of the district planning and budgeting process
• Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and other stakeholders.
• Verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English
• Ability to confidently represent Tubibe Amahoro to high level officials
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment
• Creative and flexible with problem solving skills
• Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
• People management particularly coaching and influence management
• Strategy planning skills
• Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
• Having driving license, category A
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (hard copies), including motivation letter, detailed CV, certified copies of degrees and certificates, a copy of driving license (Category A) three references including one from current or recent employer to TA Legal Representative at TUBIBE AMAHORO sub-office located in Muhororo Cell, Ngororero Sector of Ngororero District and hand the application documents to MUTONI Melisa (TA staff, telephone- 0788283361). If you need more information, please, contact us via [email protected]