Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a non-profit making umbrella organization that was created in 2004 with the objective to set up a platform for information sharing, consultation, and advocacy among CSOs and their partners. RCSP is composed of 9 national umbrella organizations with more than 500 members. The mission of RCSP is to act as a framework of exchange, strengthening solidarity and the capacity of its members, to be the people’s voice and defend the public interests and interests of its members at national, regional and international levels. RCSP wishes to recruit a highly motivated candidate to fill the following vacant Post:
Position Title : Director of Administration and Finance
Duration of contract: Fulltime
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to : Executive Secretary
The Head of Finance/ DAF has overall responsibility for maintaining the accounting system and books of records. He/she is required to discharge this responsibility through a proper and efficient system ensuring effective internal controls, segregation of duties, and supervisory controls.
Rwanda Civil Society Platform is seeking to recruit a results-driven and ethical Director of Administration and Finance with strong leadership skills to manage and improve the efficiency of RCSP finance operations. Duties for the Director of Finance will include managing administrative staff, guiding operating methods, disbursing funds to departments, monitoring budgets, improving information systems, overseeing human resources requirements, advising senior executive team on financial matters, analyzing financial data, and developing operating procedures and policies. Her/his superior organizational skills and strategic planning will assist RCSP as an organization with financial compliance, transparency and accountability, harmonizing operations, improving employee performance, and enhancing RCSP operations.
The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills, analytical and strategic thinking abilities, a talent for finance and budgets, ability to multi-task, and superior interpersonal skills. The noteworthy Director of Administration and Finance should streamline operations, ensure that administrative functions run smoothly, avoid wastage, and improve an organization’s financial standing through accurate expenditure monitoring and budget forecasting, transparency and accountability.
The Director of Administration and Finance is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the finance department. She/he will ensure the discharge of the responsibilities in cooperation with other assigned members of the department.
Director of Administration and Finance monitors other staff members of the department and for other departments since he/she is charged with Finance and Administration, with due approval of the Executive Secretary, as such, that his/her responsibilities are equitably distributed among the members of the department including him/herself.
The Following are the duties responsibilities of the Director of Finance and Administration:
- Overall Management and Supervision of Finance Department activities;
- Ensure compliance of Financial and Accounting procedures of the RCSP;
- Ensure optimum uses of the organization’s resources;
- Facilitating Budget preparation, revision, and finalization;
- Budgetary control;
- Financial analysis;
- Preparation of financial statements and reports;
- Organizing and facilitating periodical audits;
- Respond to queries of donors and other regulatory bodies, on financial issues;
- Maintain coordination and supervision of project and office accounts matters;
- Assurance of compliance of statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements in financial operations;
- Conduct occasional crosschecks of bill and vouchers on a sample basis;
- Allocate/distribute/re‐distribute responsibilities of the Finance Section staff as and when required;
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Secretary
A degree and at least 3 years’ experience in the finance managerial is preferred. A degree in the following fields will prove particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
Postgraduate degrees in financial management and professional qualifications in CPA and CAT will be an added advantage.
The following qualities and skills are required:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
- Knowledge and experience working with Civil Society and International NGOs is preferred
How to Apply
Your application should include the following :
A covering letter addressed to the Executive secretary of RCSP (i), a comprehensive CV including details of 3 persons of reference (ii) academic certificates ( diploma &Transcript) (iii) any other related recommendations or training certificates. Application documents should be submitted not later than 20 th August 2019 at 4 pm.
Applicants are kindly requested to hand-deliver their application documents (P hysically) at the front desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform or at the email of Rwanda Civil Society Platform ; email@example.com
The offices of the Rwanda civil society platform can be found at Kicukiro (Centre), KK371 st right next to House no 4.
For more information and direction, please contact Tel: +250788355437
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 05, August 5, 2019
Nyemazi John Bosco
Rwanda Civil Society Platform