Job Vacancy Announcement
About Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company :
Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company Ltd (RFCC) is a large-scale coffee roasting and packaging facility in Kigali, Rwanda. It produces excellent roasted coffee from the highest quality green beans. RFCC started selling its roasted coffee under the brand of “Gorilla’s Coffee” into local, regional and Global markets. With state-of-the-art roasting machinery, it can produce 3,000kg of roasted coffee per day or more when additional shifts are added leading to 10% capacity of green coffee National production. Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company Ltd became operational in October 2014 and is roasting, grinding, and packing 100% Arabica Bourbon (specialty grade as defined by SCAA).
RFCC would like to fill the following vacant position:
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
Department: Commercial Department
The responsibilities include Overseeing the overall sales and distribution strategy for the company from planning, execution and periodic review and delivery of the sales budget. In additional, he/she is responsible for coordinating all the Distribution channels for both Local and export markets. Tracking and analysing the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. The job holder will use market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring the organisation has sound Distribution, Sales and marketing processes, and strategies in place to support the business as it grows. Will ensure coverage of both markets Local & export and proper running of day to day departmental operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop product marketing strategies including pricing, advertising, and product launching.
- Researches and analyses market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies.
- Participates in recruitment, training, and development of sales & marketing staff members.
- Setting up the Field Management infrastructure – outlet selection by channels, channel management plans
- Understanding the Brand POP (Point of purchases) Vision by channels and develop channel/outlet based implementation plans.
- Understanding the Channel Plans and develop implementation plans.
- Implementation of Pop Vision and Channel plans – develop key metrics to monitor implementation and final desired output.
- Performance review – against action standards. Network and take actions where inputs are required from the DSR’s width and depth of availability, assortment and shelving
- Understanding competitive context and activity and give market feed-back to the Customer Marketing group.
- Assessment of infrastructure requirement size, business potential, capital and infrastructure requirement.
- Manage KD (Key Distributor) profitability and ROI.
- Selection of distributors – assessment of capability, skill/experience, attitude, etc
- Setting up KD’s in the cluster/territory, including the commercial processes
- Preparing the infrastructure blue –print for a distributor
- Outlet mapping, channel segmentation, beat planning permanent journey plan (PJP).
- Establishing KD operations: sales planning, fixing, and monitoring of sales targets and key performance metrics and channel plans
- Ensure Distributor’s secondary sales targets are met.
- Ensure Products availability and visibility in the market.
- Key client’s management including complaint handling.
- Ensure effective route to market for the export market and export process.
- Retention of key talents.
- Ensure clients retention.
- Ensure effective coverage (ECO) targets are met.
- Any other duties that the MD may direct you to do.
Key Performance indicators (KPIs)
- Sales revenue
- Cost saving initiatives.
- Coverage extension.
- Products availability and visibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agri-business, marketing, and other related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience in market analysis;
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills;
- People management skills;
- Budgeting skills;
- Strong client relationships;
- Negotiation skills;
- Familiar with distribution channels.
- Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an added value.
Location : Kigali-Rwanda
Contract conditions : Permanent upon completion of 3 months’ probation period
Remuneration package: Competitive depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY : Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications (i.e. copies of their degree certificates, application letter addressed to the Managing Director, detailed curriculum vitae, Copy of National Identity Card, and any other relevant certificates) to E-mail: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] not later than Monday the 23rd November 2020 .
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.