RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of Resource Development Specialist. This critical position will be based in Kigali, reporting to the Resource Development Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Contributes to the strengthening of donor and partner engagement, networking and resource acquisition capabilities for World Vision Rwanda. The job holder also supports the implementation and coordination of Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM) processes including consortium establishment, design workshops and proposal formulation to deliver high quality sustainable funding for improving lives of the most vulnerable.
The major responsibilities include:
|% Time||Major Activities||End Results Expected|
|40%||Support in the growth and diversification of high quality sustainable funding for the National Office strategy by developing and reviewing concept papers and proposals for various projects and programs.||
Public funds and private grants are contributing to annual World Vision budget.
National Office short-term and long-term funding goals
|30%||Support the building of relationships with key stakeholders in the Government of Rwanda, Public donor agencies, UN agencies, INGOs and Support Offices so as to timely and strategically position World Vision Rwanda for funding opportunities within and outside the country.||
Strong relationships with external partners exist to enhance funding possibilities.
The National Office is up-to-date on available funding opportunities.
|15%||Develop and review grant tracking matrices to ensure that there is an up to date tracking of grant opportunities and grant pipelines by the National Office.||Up to date grants tracker.|
|15%||Support in building the capacity of National Office staff in grant acquisition, management and compliance.||Increased National Office capacity in grant acquisition, management and compliance.|
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, International Development, Rural Development, Writing or any related field.
- At least 2 years performing the same role.
- Considerable experience in networking.
- Strong organization abilities; high performance and quality standards; negotiation skills; ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
- Track record of successfully winning public, multilateral and private grants.
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising grant staff.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and email system such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project design and management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Ability to maintain and track funding trends and grant opportunities in the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge and experience in Private Sector Engagement.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NB: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd June, 2021.