Resource Development Manager
Jobs at:World Vision Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Position:
Provides Leadership, execution and management of the World Vision Rwanda resource diversification strategy. Strengthens donor and partner engagement, networking and resource acquisition capabilities for World Vision Rwanda. The job holder also leads in the implementation and coordination of Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM) processes including consortium establishment, design workshops and proposal formulation to deliver high quality sustainable funding for improving lives of the most vulnerable children. .
• Lead in the growth and diversification of high quality sustainable funding for the National Office (NO) strategy by developing and reviewing concept papers and proposals for various projects and programs.
• Looking outward to engage externally and build relationships with key stakeholders in the Government of Rwanda, Public donor agencies, UN agencies, INGOs, Support Offices, and East Africa Regional Office.
• Develop and review a Grant Acquisition and Management Strategy to ensure that the National Office (NO) has an up to date GAM Business Plan to guide the in its resource mobilization efforts.
• Building the capacity of NO staff in grant acquisition, management and compliance.
• Providing leadership and daily supervision to the GAM team members.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Master’s Degree in Social Science, International Development, Rural Development, Writing or any related field.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of project design and management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
• Strong organization and delegation abilities; high performance and quality standards; negotiation skills; ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
• Track record of successfully winning public, multilateral and private grants.
• Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising grant staff.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Lotus Notes (or another email system such as Microsoft Outlook).
• Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
• At least 5 years performing the same role and team management experience, preferably within a country office setting.
• Considerable experience in networking.
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
• Ability to maintain and track funding trends and grant opportunities in the humanitarian sector.
• Knowledge and experience in Private Sector Engagement.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: