Packet Core Support Engineer
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for a Packet core Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
You will typically interact with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
You will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently. . .
• Customer Issue handling
• Handling of dedicated support
• Software Update Management (SUM) handling
• Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring Lead and develop a stellar sales team
You should also have
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills
• Responsive and result oriented
You will be perseverant, as well as open minded, with a passion to win
To be successful in the role you are
• Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Domain experience: (Packet core)
• Negotiation & argumentation skills
• Planning & organizing skills
• Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
• Presentation & communication skill
• Working with people
• Excellent IP background
• Very good knowledge of Ericsson PCN nodes, SGSN, GGS, EPC, vEPC
• Good knowledge of Ericsson MPBN (mainly Juniper)
• Good knowledge of SAPC
• Good Knowledge of IMS
• Good Knowledge of RSG and CAS
• Familiar with the Cloud Systems
• Good knowledge of AAA servers
• Good knowledge of iDNS and eDNS
• Very good knowledge of Linux
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link: https://jobs.ericsson.com/main/jobs/406851?lang=en-us&jobPipeline=GlassdoorSponsored