Manager, Energy Portfolio
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitably qualified staff .
• Develop and implement BRD sectoral strategies, policies and procedure to support the achievement of BRD’s strategy, the national strategy and the SDG (Sustainable Development goals);
• Manage the work of direct reports by assisting in setting work programs, providing guidance, monitoring, and development, problem-solving and assessing performance at regular intervals;
• Identify the budget requirements to deliver against the portfolio strategy,
• Responsible for the development of the sector Departmental budget setting and KIPs by setting up the departmental annual target with their KPIs to ensure the running of the department contribute to the growth of the Bank’s portfolio;
• Establish an active pipeline by identification of new opportunities through visiting potential customers, organizing roadshows, marketing our products to grow the Bank’s portfolio;
• Follow up the bank’s project in the sector during the implementation and post-implementation phases and proactively advise the bank on the best measures to avoid migration of deteriorating projects;
• Follow up the appraisal and present the loans restructuring proposals to the bank’s approvals authorities;
• Supervise the activities of the sector Department, to ensure the activities of the department run efficiently and effectively and ensure the quality of services;
• Review the appraisal reports on loans prepared by the departments’ officers to ensure that viable projects are approved for financing to improve the financial performance of the Bank;
• Follow up the loans collections and ensure timely loans servicing to avoid loan book deterioration;
• Lead stakeholder management for the sector, ensuring information sharing as appropriate, and engagements in various forums;
• Prepare regular sector reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) as required by the banks’ internal departments;
• Collect and analyses the sectors portfolio data to keep abreast of the developments in the sector and tap into available opportunities;
• Present eligible investments to the Senior Manager, Investments to ensure alignment with BRD’s strategy;
• Coordinate with Credit risk department to ensure local regulatory, tax and reporting compliance in investment geographies;
• In consultation with Human Capital, establish talent plans for the unit, ensuring the availability and retention of a highly qualified and motivated team;
• Carry on any other assignment delegated by the line managers
Job Skills: Not Specified
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Business Administration or related field
• Master’s degree in relevant field
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position, two (2) of which must be in a management level in a similar institution
• Core competencies
• Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities
• Computer literacy
• Analytical skills
• Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
• Familiarity with legal documentation common to debt and equity transactions. •
• Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
• Demonstrated ability to design, launch, and scale new projects and initiatives Financial and management reporting skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines and schedules, and strong follow-through capacity.
• Negotiation skills.
• Communication skills
• Customer care skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/job_application.php