The Institute of Applied Science (INES Ruhengeri) located in Musanze District is pleased to inform the public that it is recruiting two staff: Coordinator and the Business Development officer for its Innovation and Incubation Centre (INES-BIIC). INES Ruhengeri develops entrepreneurship, creativity mindsets and employability skills for students and young graduates through partnerships between local and international organizations. The overall aim is to improve graduates’ potential for employment and competitiveness. Through participatory learning and practice-oriented entrepreneurship, the candidate will perform the following responsibilities.
I. INES-BIIC Coordinator
1. Duties and Tasks
• Managing and Marketing the INES-Innovation and Incubation Centre
• Developing and coordinating entrepreneurship and innovation activities for INES community, alumni and other external clients
• Coaching and mentoring students’ innovation projects
• Conducting and assessing market needs and skills requirements at local, regional and international levels
• Advising INES management about how to match the market needs and INES’s education programs
• Developing and conducting short-term entrepreneurship programs based on exit profiles of INES departments
• Developing projects for INES-BIC sustainability.
• Planning and Budgeting for INES -BIC operations and resources
2. Competences and Requirements
• Rwandan nationalities holding a Master’s degree in the fields of Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Project Management, Economy or Finance
• Experience of 5 years in entrepreneurship and business management, training and coaching
• Experience of 5 years working with regional or international organizations
• Ability for negotiating, advocating, networking and cooperating with different actors in public and private sector
• Ability to work with adult people, animate debates and ensure participatory process.
• Having worked with Small Businesses is an added advantage
• Fluent communication skills especially in writing and speaking official languages
• Ability in Information and Communication and Technology skills
II. INES-BIIC Business Development Officer
1. Duties and responsibilities
• Assisting the Coordinator in Planning and organizing training and coaching activities
• Budgeting and financial reporting
• Communicating with all stakeholders (internal as well as external)
• Assisting and accompanying students in product/service prototyping
• Monitoring and controlling all activities performed within the incubation centre.
2. Competencies and Requirements
• Bachelor degree in Management and economic fields with 15/20 marks minimum
• Proven experience in similar activities
• Proficiency in communication skills especially writing and speaking English and Kinyanvanda
• Ability to lead and inspire younger generations
• Ability to coordinate effectively activities related to entrepreneurship/ business and innovation
• Skills in working with the industry
• Skills in digital literacy.
• INES Alumni are highly encouraged
How to apply
Detailed curriculum vitae, certified academic credentials, a copy of the national identity card, related professional certificates, an application letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri should. All documents shall be submitted electronically (in one document) via [email protected] not later than 6th November 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Candidates should be ready to start the job by 1? December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through our website.