Information Systems Auditor
Jobs at:Business Development Fund Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BDF ltd is a public limited company whose mission is to promote SME Development through provision of financial and non-financial services to enhance the lending mechanisms of financial institutions as the leading institution in facilitating both companies and individual bankable projects to access financial services, through provision of financial facilities and business advisory services for national development.
With the above mandate, BDF wishes to recruit a Qualified and self-motivated Information System Auditor BDF Head Office:
1. Position: Information Systems Auditor (1)
Reporting to both: Head of Internal Audit
Office Location: BDF Headquarters
The information systems auditor responsible for strategizing and inspecting information processing systems and programs of the company in order to protect the possessions, to make sure that the information stored is right, and to promote the work effectiveness of the same. He/she will also advise the platforms developed to save delicate, private, and secret information of the company. He/she may also study and examine the company's specialized systems and areas where computers are placed. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess the design and operational effectiveness of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and IT General Controls (ITGCs).
• Provide guidance on KRI/ITGC testing methodology, validation processes, procedures, adherence to policy, and documentation.
• Work closely with other teams (Risk, IT, Information Security, etc.) to report, track and follow up on remediation plans.
• Assist in the development of reporting materials for the various committees and advisory plans.
• Plan and perform application and general systems control audits, control process reviews, and system development reviews.
• Manage technology governance methodologies and frameworks.
• Innovate control automation techniques to minimize compliance cost.
• Review written work to ensure high-quality deliverables and minimal review iterations.
• Performs risk assessments to assist internal audit function management in formulating risk-based audit plans.
• Perform follow-up audit techniques with management to ascertain implementation of recommendations and assess the adequacy of the corrective action.
• Conduct testing to assist BDF’s External auditors with the annual financial reporting audit.
• Perform any other assigned by the Supervisors and Management.
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• A University Degree in Computer Sciences, Business Information Management/systems from a recognized college/institution.
• Be pursuing a professional designation/certification such as Certified Information Systems (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), (Full certification such as CISA is preferred) or other Risk Management Certifications, etc.
• 3 years plus experience in information systems audits in Financial Services Industry such as Banking Sector or Insurances preferred.
• Must be 35 years of age and below.
• Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management.
• Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
• Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel.
Skills and Attributes
• Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required and capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
• Strong analytical capability and logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
• Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
• Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
• Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
• Ethical Behavior: Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and responsibility in all member/client interactions.
• Sales & Service Orientation: Committed to serving and satisfying the needs of the external and internal members/clients through the delivery of superior value while building, strengthening, and maintaining long-term relationships.
• Functional Excellence: Demonstrates the knowledge and technical expertise of products and processes and their use in delivering quality member/client services.
• Communication: Demonstrates the ability to receive and understand information and respond verbally or in writing when interacting with others.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit your application letter with signed Curriculum Vitae, notified copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of Identity card and contact details of three references, and send your scanned documents to BDF [email protected] to attention of Human Resource and Administration Manager not later than 9th February 2021 at 11 A.M.
NB: BDF will contact only those who will be shortlisted.