At Wastezon, we are on a mission of leveraging cutting-edge technologies to create a waste-free world. Instead of dumping their electronic waste, Wastezon facilitates households to sell their e-waste to recyclers, earn perks while providing resources to Recyclers. Through traceability, sorting, and collection services, over 480 tons of e-waste have been transacted through our app, diverting an equivalent amount of 2650 tons of carbon emissions. We have received Qitcom Startup Hub Prize and UK’s Build Magazine has recognized us as East Africa’s Top E-waste Solutions Provider. In alignment, with the circular economy, we strongly believe that each material should be repurposed, reused, or recycled to minimize waste. As a sustainability-centric company, we champion a sustainable lifestyle, accompanied by transparency and teamwork because we believe that to build a waste-free world we need joint efforts that leverage openness and trustworthiness to drive impact.
Learn more; https://wastezon.com/
We are looking for a graphic design intern who will leverage his/her artistic abilities to communicate Wastezon’s ideas, inform customers and stakeholders visually. The intern will responsible for developing marketing and communication materials and liaise with the marketing team to refine the brand strategy and relevant marketing activities.
- Preparing graphics for social media flyers, posters, and brochures.
- Liaising with the marketing team to plan and implement advertising layouts.
- Assist in refining creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines.
- Coordinate photography assignments in relevant company activities.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Research new opportunities in digital media to increase brand awareness.
- Assist in planning and implementation of company events – including documentation, pre-production, and content creation.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- An excellent eye for detail and visual composition.
- Understanding of marketing, production, brand identity, social media, and advertising,
- High school graduates are welcome to apply but candidates enrolled in BA graphic arts, design, communications, or related fields are preferred.
A modest monthly stipend and internet will be provided. An intern will commit 25-30 hours/week. The internship is 3 months long ( to be extended based on the intern performance and funds availability)
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Applicants must submit their design portfolios for consideration.
Kindly merge your resume/CV with your portfolio as one document. You can alternatively provide a link to your portfolio in your application.
How To Apply