Deputy Branch Manager
Jobs at:COGEBANQUE PLC
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
– ‘’ Deputy Branch Manager”
I. ABOUT US
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far.
Cogebanque Plc is proudly one of the leading indigenous banks with about 97% of its shareholders being Rwandese institutions and businessmen. Cogebanque Plc provides a comprehensive range of products and services targeted at Corporate, SMEs, and retail customers.
To create, maintain, and enhance shareholder value by providing unrivaled financial solutions to our customers.
To be a financial center of excel- lance and a leading provider of innovative financial solutions in Rwanda.
Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Open Communication, Accountability, and Customer orientation.
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At Cogebanque we believe our Employees are the bridge to achieving our business development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with the Bank.
Apart from organizing frequent training, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops for our Employees, we facilitate you to enjoy our wide range of services and products at favorable terms that ultimately could help you achieve your personal goals.
In view of the above, Cogebanque Plc is looking External & internally for inspired innovators, self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with the Bank in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you by applying for the below position/s.
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application (Application letter + detailed CV) via email at [email protected] by or before 10th August 2020 marking the subject as “The Job You Are Applying for”. i.e. “Deputy Branch Manager"
Job Title and requirements
01. Deputy Branch Manager at KSEZ Branch & Rubangura
Grade: Principal Sr. Officer
To coordinate and supervise all areas of operation and business development at the branch by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable the achievement of targets. He/she manages staff, fosters a positive working environment, and ensures customer satisfaction, proper branch operation and back up the Branch Manager in his absence .
• Coordinate sales drives, campaigns, and other opportunities to increase the retail portfolio of the Branch
• Develop and manage deposit and loan portfolio
• Plan, implement, and monitor the growth and quality of the branch credit portfolio and the bank business plan.
• Conduct field visits and carry out the verification of loans to improve branch portfolio management.
• Lead the management and implementation of Bank Risk management policy in the day to day operations of the Branch
• Manage and ensure the reduction of NPL’s for the Branch;
• Provide leadership to Branch staff by providing training, coaching; development and performance management
• Direct all operational aspects at the branch including Branch operations, customer service, human resources, administration and marketing of Bank Products and services;
Policies and Procedures
• Implement and monitor the bank policies at the branch level to ensure consistent application by all staff and where polices have not been applied corrective measures are taken to mitigate risk and exposure.
• Review coordinate, monitor and authorize all processes of account opening, reactivation, adjustment, transfer and closure of all accounts in line with bank policies, kyc guidelines, and anti-money laundering guidelines
Budgeting and Work Planning
• Plan and coordinate the budgeting process, monitor performance on a regular basis, and initiate corrective action.
• Develop and implement branch work plans that reflect and contribute to the strategic plan to ensure that all targets have been planned for and work activities defined to contribute to business growth
• Prepare and present daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports to supervisors and internal stakeholders to communicate progress, highlight issues that may require resolution and effectively ensuring that the branch performance is on target.
• Create a conducive customer service environment by building strong business relationships with the customers who result in trust, confidence, and contribute to retention and brand loyalty.
• Create a platform to receive customer feedback and address customer complaints
• Validation of the payments/transfers processed at the counters and front office desk,
• Confirmation of payment for big transactions,
• Initiate the TOD approved in the system,
• Opening accounts for work in clients and others
• Ensure the safety of vouchers for the transactions done
• Ensure the branch operates within the cash limit insured
• Validation in the system of new accounts opened by Business Advisor, Front officer & Head Teller (he/she should not validate the accounts opened by himself)
• Validation in the system of TOD approved initiated by Business Advisor, Front officer & Head Teller (he/she cannot validate the TOD initiated by himself)
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or in another related field
• Minimum of five (5) years in business development in a financial institution. Prior experience in supervisory positions would be an added advantage.
General and Behavioral
• Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices;
• Ability to meet sales targets and production goals;
• Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Results-driven and customer-focused;
• Leadership and human resources management skills;
• Fluent in English
• The hands-on approach to work
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply