Jobs at:African Management Institute
Deadline of this Job:
29 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AMI is now looking for a senior ambitious and entrepreneurial Country Manager to implement two large scale entrepreneurship development projects and build new relationships in Rwanda.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. This is a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for entrepreneurship and/or workplace learning to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The Country Manager will be an entrepreneurial leader responsible for AMI’s presence in Rwanda. .
There are five core components of the role:
• Represent AMI at a senior level in Rwanda. Be the face of AMI in the region
• Lead the Kigali-based team serving the region, including day-to-day management
• Ensure overall success of AMI’s office and operations in Rwanda
• Operate as the budget owner for Rwanda. Make financial planning and oversee revenue recognition and delivery in line with the budget
Management of existing projects
• Partnerships: Oversee relationship management of existing partners/clients in Rwanda
• Sourcing: Manage participant sourcing, selection and entry into existing programmes
• Strategy: conduct regular reviews of overall programme progress and consider strategic changes to the programmes to ensure delivery on the outcomes
• Learning design: work with AMI’s learning team to adjust and translate the programme content where needed.
• Project planning &implementation: develop and update detailed project plans, including resource allocation. Oversee all timelines and ensure completion and high standards. Work with AMI’s programme implementation team to oversee the implementation of the learning programme, including logistics and facilitator management.
• M&E: work with AMI’s Impact team to ensure top quality quantitative (impact & financial) and qualitative reporting on Rwanda-based projects
• Finance: monitor book-keeping, payments, invoicing, payroll and all financial management for AMI Rwanda, with support from AMI finance department
• General: oversee general office management, including rental and utility agreements as well as procurement
• Identify staff requirements and lead hiring. Maintain and improve HR systems, policies and processes, including contracts, compensation and benefits. Lead Rwanda-based team from a culture perspective, ensuring high levels of performance, motivation and employee satisfaction
New business development
• Marketing: oversee local marketing of AMI brand in Rwanda
• New opportunities: actively look for new opportunities with a focus on youth and start-up programmes, positioning AMI as the “go-to” for business development support in the Rwandan ecosystem
Skills and Competencies
• Entrepreneurial energy – you should have started or contributed to the start-up of an organisation, or launched a new market, product or project within an existing organisation
• Ability to build out excellent local networks in Rwanda at a senior level in development circles and/or government (critical) and business (preferred)
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships with external clients at a senior level
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, and gravitas with senior stakeholders
• High levels of personal energy and drive, excellent judgement and ability to work independently to build a market
• Creative thinker with a “get things done” mindset, who can quickly adapt to new ideas and pivot based on the situation on the ground
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Direct experience of launching something new – a business, project, product or market
• Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and local and international staff as well as private sector
• Masters degree or equivalent experience with a strong academic background
• Experience working outside the home country and/or in an international organisation (preferred, not essential)
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use this link to apply: https://bit.ly/35FcOnk
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so kindly submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role.