Cooking Energy Technology Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
One approach to achieve the goals of the programme consist of increasing production capacities of artisans’ workshops and local companies. The ICS and Fuels advisor will provide guidance and build capacity in the area production of ICS and fuels, quality-control, testing, and labeling system. In order to successfully implement ReCIC action, EnDev Rwanda is searching for one candidate for the position of Cooking Energy Technology Advisor.
Fixed Term: December 2023 .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technological advice to ICS and fuels production units: • Analyse partners (workshops and companies) regarding their need for technical support as well as their aptitude for a partnership with EnDev Rwanda
• Design and procure production infrastructure — such as clay mixers and crushers, extruders, kilns, metal fabrication tools including preparation of technical drawings, and other procurement documents
• Develop tailored training modules, materials, and consultancies for partner companies and workshops
• Oversee the installation of EnDev-funded production infrastructure and induction of users
• Implement training measures and provide continued coaching and on-the-iob training complemented by regular meetings, exposure visits, quality checks, etc.
2. Monitor quality and performance of ICS and fuels production in partner companies:
• Conduct ICS performance tests following international test protocols and their demonstration and prototype household and institutional ICS
• Technical monitoring of supported partner companies and other EnDev Rwanda partners
• Give updates to ICS coordinator and the project team regularly on the progress of ongoing and planned technical and infrastructure support activities as well as challenges to be addressed
• Compile information on project activities, production levels, and sales achieved by partner companies and workshops as well as the documentation of lessons learnt and approaches
3. Other duties/tasks:
• Support the ICS coordinator developing market incentive schemes to boost production and distribution of stoves for partner companies and workshops
• Support preparation and execution of cooking demonstrations, fairs, and other events
• Conduct research and other inquiries based on the program’s needs
• Prepare and manage technical consultancy contracts related to production and certification of ICS and fuels
• Perform any other duties and tasks at the request of the Management including but not limited to activities related to technology, performance, and M&E for ICS and cooking fuels in Rwanda.
B. Candidate profile and required qualifications and experience
The candidate must demonstrate technological expertise in ICS and/or fuels and have background in engineering or similar.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Professional experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of professional working experience in a similar position in the energy sector, including at least 3 years of active engagement with the private sector, research institute or an international organization in the ICS sector
• Excellent understanding of the Rwandan household ICS sector and its trends
• Excellent theoretical knowledge and practical experience in lCS development, design, and construction for wood fuel and charcoal, especially thermodynamics, material properties as well as local availability and costs of materials
• Proven experience in the optimization and mechanization of ICS production processes
• Ability tointerpret and turn into action scientific guidelines in regard to stove and fuel testing
• Knowledge and experience in the fields of institutional and productive use ICS and fuels is an advantage
• Ability to work on one’s own initiative and to work with team members in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team
• Eagerness to travel regularly to the field and engage with target groups
• Strongly skilled in designing and moderating workshops/trainings
• Ability to explain complex and abstract concepts to illiterate audiences
• Curious and quick learner as well as good understanding why details matter
• Persistent and quality-focused on the tasks, but at the same time creative and open minded
• The ability for abstraction; not only fulfilling instructions without scrutinizing
• Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven CAD software skills is an advantage
• Excellent communications skills in Kinyarwanda and fluent in English; ability to express oneself in clear sentences with relevant context;
• Willingness to learn new skills as required by the tasks to be performed
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 03 December 2020 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected] The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,Rwanda
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!