We started 2019 with a team of 15 Product Designers and Researchers. Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’re doubling the size of the UX team , we’re embedding a UX Researcher into each of our product areas, and we’re doubling the number of GitLab employees to over 1000 this year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a UX Researcher at GitLab, you will be embedded into our Ops stage group , overseeing research needs for users who are responsible for the Operations side of the DevOps lifecycle.
What you can expect in a UX Researcher role at GitLab:
- You’ll need to proactively identify generative user research projects within our Configure and Monitor stage groups. You’ll need to work collaboratively with Product Managers and Product Designers to execute research projects.
- Guide, and where necessary train, Product Designers in how to undertake evaluative research projects and in how to create strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Understand the complex technology and features found within Monitor and Configure, and have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organisation and externally in creative ways to increase empathy, and help us to continue to grow the maturity of our UX practice.
- Lead strategic user research initiatives that span multiple stage groups (and possibly the entire product).
- Mentor UX Researchers, both inside and outside of your product area.
- Actively contribute to our UX Research processes , our documentation , and our research repository .
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
- Help our Research Coordinator to build on our First Look participant recruitment platform.
Projects you might work on:
You will be leading generative research projects within our Monitor and Configure teams, and supporting Product Designers who are doing evaluative research and usability testing in these areas. The users of Monitor and Configure are Operations specialists, people who are responsible for incident management, monitoring application metrics, and for configuring applications with Kubernetes, so you’ll be working on highly technical, challenging issues. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
You know you are doing a good job as a UX Researcher when:
- You collaborate effectively with our Product Designers and Product Managers.
- You can quickly build rapport with GitLab’s users.
- You contribute ideas for feature improvements based on your research findings.
- Your research work enables our Product Designers and Product Managers to work effectively in front of our sprint cycle, as outlined in our Product Development Workflow .
You should apply if you have:
- Significant professional experience with user research.
- Experience doing research alongside a product design team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Have user research experience working in a highly complex, technical domain.
It would be an added bonus if you have:
Experience of mentoring junior research colleagues. Experience working for a startup. Experience working with a remote team. Enterprise software experience. Developer platform or software tooling industry experience. Degree in psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction or related field. Experience with open source tools
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here