Jobs at:Arc Power Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ARC Power provides Affordable, Reliable, and Clean solar electricity to communities in Rwanda. We design, develop, and install off-grid AC power generation and distribution systems (ARCs) that become the hub of the community and empower families and small businesses to thrive.
The Survey Assistant is responsible for:
The SA supports the SL who is responsible for leading the Survey Team and, setting up the processes and standards of the Survey section. This will include:
1. Carry out survey duties such as; identifying clusters, introducing ARC Power to local authorities, making sure they understand ARC Power’s role in their community, and developing the relationship with authorities at the local level.
2. The SA supports the SL in the process of pinning and tier assessing the approved clusters using QGIS tools, makes sure that data is accurate, and assists in writing a detailed report at the end of the day.
3. The SA supports the SL in the process of handing over data to other teams i.e Customer Services Team (CST). This activity takes place once approved by the SL, the purpose is to achieve the successful handover of Survey data from the Survey Team.
The Survey Team’s main role is to make sure ARC Power works in the best suited communities that will deliver the best outcome both for the company and customers. .
Core Survey Assistant responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining the Survey section:
• Developing, improving and maintaining Survey Team standards.
• Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, templates, processes and risk assessments.
• Developing analysis and research processes to continually improve and optimise the survey process.
• Resolving issues and identifying risks.
• Maintaining a good partnership with local authorities.
The SA is expected to work in partnership with the SL and be trained in all aspects of the Survey Team work with the aim of developing the SA into a SL as the company expands.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Excellent spoken and written Kinyarwandan.
• Ability to drive.
• High level of competency in Microsoft Office.
• High level of competency in map reading and interpreting.
• Displays good organizational and time management skills.
Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience
• Previous experience working in the field.
• Previous experience working with GIS tools or similar.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Application deadline – 12 November 2020 (available for interview 13 November 2020)
Grade: T4 (salary expectation RWF 150, 000 – RWF 325, 000)
Type of Position: Part-time position, working 3 days per week, with a probationary period of 6 months.
Location: The position is based in Nyamata, Rwanda with travel to rural areas, including being based in other Districts as and when required.
Starting monthly salary: RWF 192,000 (gross)
Start date: 17 November 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
• Training in QGIS and related mapping tools.
• Experience working for an International Company.
• Potential for career growth as the company grows.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit a motivation letter and CV to [email protected]
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.