Rwanda Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Associate
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) or field research professional to join our team as an MEL Senior Associate in Rubengera, Rwanda. As the MEL Senior Associate, you will use data to improve our operations, develop a deputy, and coordinate our MEL activities across multiple programs and teams. You will contribute to making informed decisions for our long-term strategy by working with leadership and the program team in Rwanda. .
• Run survey design, field testing of survey instruments, and revision.
• Improve data collection efficiency to provide actionable results.
• Analyze data to draw early and final conclusions and write reports with recommended actions.
• Work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
• Manage the local MEL team including a Field Coordinator, MEL Specialists, and Data Manager which support a team of about 80 full-time enumerators. You will:
• Mentor staff through field visits, meetings, training programs, and career reviews.
• Manage the main MEL activities in the field, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
• Quality–control and management of data collection processes.
• Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff.
• Shape organizational strategy based on MEL results in collaboration with leadership and the program team.
• Coordinate MEL tasks with the Government Relation team to ensure its design and methodology are aligned.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career
Job Skills: Not Specified
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• Academic or professional experience in field-based MEL or data collection, designing and implementing evaluations or research, and analyzing findings.
• Masters degrees in Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or a related field of study preferred.
• Quantitative skills with experience with statistical software (Stata, R).
• Logical and structured thinking skills with a clear and compelling written communication style.
• Experience building staff capacity.
• Organizational, coordination skill-set.
• Leadership experience at work and an enthusiasm for learning and growth.
• Language: English required. Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French are also useful.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2307508&gh_src=c00fd18e1us