Readvertisement: Advisor to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Institution Advancement
Jobs at:University Of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01st August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University Of Rwanda .
• Advise the Deputy Vice – Chancellor IA
• Advice on the matters related to the Office of Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Institutional Advancement, notably fundraising and Resources Mobilization, Project Management, Communication, Partnership and Internationalization and Student Welfare and Support.
• Advise and support the Coordination of the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all activities of the Office of the DVC – IA;
• Coordinate all activities emanating from the Office of DVC – IA, set priorities, develop the work plan and ensure follow- up and timely feed – back;
• Analyze all files submitted to the attention of the DVC- IA (documents, reports, MoUs, project proposals, consultancy contracts, letters, etc.) and recommend or take appropriate action;
• Prepare documents needed for meetings organized by the Office of DVC – IA;
• Attend meetings of DVC- IA, take their minutes and follow up on the implementation of their decisions.
• Monitor the implementation of all decisions of the UR organs (Board of Governors, Senate, Senior Management Council) concerning the Office of DVC – IA.
• Prepare all the internal or external visits of the DVC – IA (programs of the visits, memo on the visits, requests for travel clearance, travel and accommodation arrangements, etc.).
• Draft speeches for the DVC – IA;
• Maintain good relations with all the stakeholders of the Office of DVC – IA such as UR administrative and academic staff and students, industry partners (Public and Private Sector, Civil Society including the media), other universities (national and foreign) and international organizations.
• Organize and regularly up – date a database of all stakeholders with their contacts;
• Oversee the work of the work of the Office of the DVC – IA, especially the Administrative Assistant and ensure that office operates at the highest standards of efficiency, efficacy, orderliness, courtesy and responsiveness.
• Liaise with the Advisors and Administrative Assistants of the Vice Chancellor and the other DVCs and share information on their respective meeting engagements;
• Carry out any other assignment by the DVC – IA or VC in line with the responsibilities of the Office of the DVC- IA.
• Demonstrated tracked record of Planning and Management skills
• Extensive knowledge of UR systems, Procedures and Operational activities
• Excellent research, analytical planning, organizational and management skills
• Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to convey concepts and recommendations to staff at various levels in stakeholder organizations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise style;
• Ability to draft/edit a variety of reports, presentations and communications.
• Demonstrated skills on the application of IT tools to support digitalization and efficient operations of the University
• Demonstrated Skills in Project Management cycle
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
• Very good interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries
• .Ability to work under pressure and to effectively handle multiple tasks and under minimum supervision
• Be a client centered approach
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, Law, International Relations, Business, Public Administration, or Linguistics with five (5) years’ experience in administrative duties in a managerial office/unit at a Directorate or above level
• Master’s Degree in any of the above fields with three (3) years’ experience in administrative duties in a managerial office/unit at a Directorate level or above
• Experience of working with new technologies to enhance the quality of processes in higher education
• Comprehensive knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the function
• Operating knowledge of service/systems/processes in own area that is required to provide first line advice and guidance, typically of a more technical/specialized nature, to customers/clients
• Experience of working independently and without close supervision
• Working knowledge of the activities of other functions of the Ministry relevant to the department
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/3787