Jobs at:Right seat
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Kigali Collaborative Research Center (KCRC), an NGO based in Kigali, Rwanda, facilitates high standard and diverse research and innovations. It consists of affiliated researchers and sponsors who carry out projects promoting research and innovation in Africa. Projects are funded by domestic and international organizations that require best accounting and reporting practices for their continued support. This position will support the director to control and monitor accounts, budgets, and expenditures for the center as a whole and on a per project basis. They will interface with vendors, sponsors, and banks; reviewing contracts and invoices; meeting reporting requirements; and making financial transactions. .
• Enter all the financial transactions into Quickbooks with supporting invoices and payment receipts. Update the chart of accounts that facilitates the separation of various project funding and costs.
• Ensure all the financial transactions are in compliance with KCRC fiscal policies.
• Make purchases as authorized by management.
• Issue invoices and assist in making collections promptly.
• Pay supplier invoices and other debts in a timely manner.
• Process payroll and independent contractor payments monthly
• Assist KCRC external accountants to comply with filing RRA’s payroll, withholding, and corporate taxes.
• Must be willing to visit vendors’ businesses in order to complete KCRC business transactions.
• Tag and monitor fixed assets as per KCRC inventory policies.
• Produce financial reports and analysis monthly and on demand.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare and review contracts.
• Comply with government, auditor, and sponsor reporting requirements.
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
• Provide needed assistance in organizing and coordinating events sponsored by KCRC.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Highly proficient user of English.
• Highly proficient with Word and Excel.
• Accounting experience and working with international donor agencies.
• Knowledge of Rwandan tax law.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
NB: The cover letter should explain your specific interest in and qualifications for this job. This is a part-time position with expected workload of 20% to 40%. Lastly, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted . https://talentacquisition.rightseat.rw/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=ceZHICB16OHvBkFv92jST3GAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&jobid=546659000003370010&widgetid=546659000000072311&embedsource=CareerSite