The main aim of the FAO Country Offices is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is located in Kigali, Rwanda.
The main areas of FAO interventions in Rwanda consists in agricultural value chain services and digital inclusion from seeds systems and livestock to consumption using innovation systems to fight against malnutrition and hunger. To achieve that noble goal in Rwanda FAO is implementing those programmes taking into account the cross’-cutting issues like gender, climate resilience and social protection.
The Office Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative transactions and office support functions contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the work unit.
The Office Assistant reports to the FAO Representative and receives guidance from the Assistant FAO Representative/Administration. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Office Assistant usually interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and office support services.
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc. organized in the framework of office running activities and implementation of the projects;
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow-up on pending actions;
- Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports;
- Creation of Non Staff Travelers in the Global Resource Management System;
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems;
- Assist in the procurement process.
- Manage Petty cash;
- Follow up on National project personnels’ contracts
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for staff as required;
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and consultants’ contracts;
- Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information; and maintain electronic and paper files;
- Perform other duties as required .
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6 April. 2021