Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor – Trócaire Rwanda
Office: Trócaire Rwanda
Reporting to: Programme Manager
What are we looking for? A highly motivated social scientist with familiarity and experience with the principles and current approaches to M&E, using both quantitative and qualitative methods in all stages of the programme cycle
Date Advertised: 14 December 2020
Due date of receiving applications: 5 January 2021
Anticipated Interview dates: Written tests on Wednesday 13 January 2021 and oral interviews on Tuesday 19 January 2021
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Start date: Immediate, preferably 1st of February 2021.
NB: Applications to be submitted on the platform following this link: https://apply.workable.com/j/117D4D25FC/?utm_medium=social_share_link
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia including Rwanda. Trócaire has been operating in Rwanda since 1994 and is currently implementing a 5-year Strategic plan from 2016-2020 focused on 3 programme pillars: Resource Rights, Women’s Empowerment and Preparing and Responding to Emergencies. Trócaire does not implement programmes directly. Instead, the organisation works in partnership with local civil society organizations in 7 districts in Rwanda. .
Scope and responsibilities of the role
This position will work with the Programme team to ensure that Trócaire Rwanda has a clear and effective overall M&E framework across grants, data collection and analysis. The position will support partners in building their capacity in improving their monitoring and evaluation tools and facilitate the collection of data to inform reports and decisions. The MEL Advisor is responsible for ensuring that learning is captured, documented and shared. Research initiatives will be led and initiated by the MEL Advisor and innovation will be promoted throughout the organization. The MEL Advisor takes the lead in the development of innovative data collection methods and its rollout. The MEL Advisor ensures that gender and vulnerability issues are addressed in all aspects of M&E work and will take a lead on the development and submission of relevant regulatory reports and work plans.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Expected skills, competencies and qualifications:
• Third level qualification (preferably Masters) in any relevant social science such as Project Management, M&E, Information Management Systems;
• Experience with sample design and statistical data analysis;
• Willingness to pro-actively support Trócaire staff and partners in their M&E activities and carry out frequent visits to partners in the districts of operation, which are mainly in rural areas;
• Demonstrate field experience in M&E and using Results Based Management;
• Excellent analytical skills distilling insights from various data points and sources to inform decision-making;
• Strong research skills with a good understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
• Ability to design M&E tools, surveys and evaluations;
• Project Management skills;
• Excellent written, oral and presentational communications skills;
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Developed computer skills including spreadsheets, statistical packages for research such as R, SAS, STATA or SPSS;
• Experience with Digital data collection software such as CommCare or Survey CTO
Database management, MS Excel and MS Word;
• Ability to manage heavy workloads, to perform at pace and to meet deadlines.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the post highlighting the particular personal attributes which make them ideally suited for the role.
• Applications that do not include a cover letter and a CV will not be considered.
• Only applications sent to the email addresses listed below will be considered (NB: no handwritten or hand delivered applications will be considered).
• Please do not add any certificates, diplomas or other documents at this stage different from the ones listed above.
Salary will be provided in accordance with Trócaire salary scale.
Trócaire is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be submitted on the platform following this link: https://apply.workable.com/j/117D4D25FC/?utm_medium=social_share_link
We encourage experienced and interested female candidates, as well as people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Responses will only be provided to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from Trócaire by end of February 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday January 5th 2021 at 4.30 pm.
Trocaire – Rwanda Office