Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Jobs at:FXB Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
12 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit .
• Assist the Technical Team Leader to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
• Provide training to concerned program staff on the use of the MEAL system; conduct rapid assessments and trend analysis of field-based programs to monitor program activity.
• In collaboration with program officers and MEAL, officers will manage and administer all program’s related Program data including SAVIX management, MIS management, and data analysis.
• Make sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data in sectors or develop and maintain an effective database.
• Participate in monitoring of program activities as well as evaluation exercises for various initiatives of the program;
• Coordinate compilation and dissemination of annual and Quarterly Reports for the USAID Turengere Abana Program.
• Develop and maintain effective information database for the program and provide resources and necessary support for program inputs and outputs;
• Serves as a focal person for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance, and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the program activities
• Coordinate and participate in MEAL related activities as determined by USAID Turengere Abana Program, including but not limited to site visits and assessments, data collection, data quality assessments, capacity building activities, reports, and presentations;
• Conduct Routine Data Quality Assurance on regular basis and ensure the recommendations are implemented.
• Perform additional administrative duties as required.
• Promote learning in the program, particularly on issues concerning the quality of the program. Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
• Ensures that necessary reporting data per components are lined up in advance of report deadlines and responsible persons are followed up on the schedule,
• Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports,
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum Bachelor degree in an area of Monitoring and Evaluation, management, statistics, or related field;
• At least 3 years’ experience of working in M&E with experience of developing M&E plans, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting
• Experience in setting up and/or managing M&E systems, preferably in an NGO setting
• MS Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Statistical software
• Experience in and proven ability to support, train, and mentor staff in monitoring and evaluation procedures
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Fluency in English (both verbal and written)
• Experience in USAID funded programs is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at [email protected] . The applications include a motivation letter, CVs, and well-completed FXB application form (found here: ). The applications will be accepted not later than Friday, October 9th, 2020 at 5:00 pm (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.