Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a non-profit making umbrella organization that was created in 2004 with the objective to set up a platform for information sharing, consultation, and advocacy among CSOs and their partners. RCSP is composed of 9 national umbrella organizations with more than 500 members. The mission of RCSP is to act as a framework of exchange, strengthening solidarity and the capacity of its members, to be the people’s voice and defend the public interests and interests of its members at national, regional and international levels.RCSP wishes to recruit a highly motivated candidate to fill the following vacant Post:
Post Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duration of contract: Fulltime
Start Date: Immediately
Interpreting the vision and Mission of the Platform and guide the development of comprehensive and integrated RCSP Plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with RCSP Staff, Project and Programme Officers to ensure quality implementation and adherence to minimum standards spelled out in RCSP operational plans, strategic documents, and overall mission and vision.
- Oversee the implementation of M&E systems through regular monitoring and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for RCSP
- Coordinate quarterly programme and activity review meetings at RCSP and its members to facilitate dialogue and learning on project/program implementation with the donor and other partners
- Conduct data quality assurance and prepare reports in accordance with RCSP Partnership standards
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms the status of project activities based on log-frames and other key performance indicators.
- Facilitate and support annual action planning and budget review processes
- Develop project performance monitoring plan and ensure adherence to plan during projects implementation.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that effectively track projects deliverables and progress
- Create evaluation frameworks including specific methodologies to conduct project evaluations.
- Conduct or oversee baseline, mid-term and end-line projects surveys and gather data into a reportable format.
- Organize M&E site visits to ascertain the status of a project and programme achievements and undertake interviews and discussions with program staff and stakeholders.
- Write project proposals, develop and keep updated projects baselines.
- Prepare implementation plans with a funding plan for all projects under RCSP.
- Document best practices, success stories, challenges, and lessons learned to inform RCSP strategic planning.
- Coordinate and facilitate capacity building initiatives for RCSP and its members’ organizations based on 5-year RCSPM Capacity Building Plan (2019-2023)
- Undertake pro-active on job training and staff development. Train and Mentor project staff on effective project planning and management methodologies
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements.
- Collecting and generating reports from Umbrella member CSOs and analyzing them to inform policy advocacy and showcasing the CSOs impact in the national development agenda.
- Assist the Executive Secretary with the preparation of high-quality quarterly and annual reports that highlight project and programme achievements and milestones.
- Provide timely and accurate performance reports to Executive Secretary containing performance indicators, budget plans forecasts and work developments.
- Timely preparation of monthly M&E reports
- A bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Development Studies, or any other field with special focus on M&E and research-oriented programs.
- Experience working on civil society development issues desirable
- Civil society strategy consulting experience desirable
- Experience in providing direct policy advice to senior officials is desirable
- Experience of conducting public-private dialogue
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded programs
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis
- Experience with monitoring and Evaluation System Development
- Competent in qualitative methodologies and participatory assessments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Should have excellent computer skills in MS Excel, SPSS, Epi-info, and SAS
- Proven skills in the process and group facilitation, training, and capacity building
- Presentation and facilitation skills are desirable
How to Apply
Your application should include the following :
A covering letter addressed to the Executive secretary of RCSP (i), a comprehensive CV including details of 3 persons of reference (ii) academic certificates ( diploma &Transcript) (iii) any other related recommendations or training certificates. Application documents should be submitted not later than 20 th August 2019 at 4 pm.
Applicants are kindly requested to hand-deliver their application documents (P hysically) at the front desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform or at the email of Rwanda Civil Society Platform ; email@example.com
The offices of the Rwanda civil society platform can be found at Kicukiro (Centre), KK371 st right next to House no 4.
For more information and direction, please contact Tel: +250788355437
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 05th, August 2019
Nyemazi John Bosco
Rwanda Civil Society Platform