Contract Type: Fixed term Employment contract
Duration: 1 Year renewable depending on performance and availability of Funds
Reports to: Division Manager/RTV
Rwanda Broadcasting Agency (RBA) is seeking to recruit a competent and experienced Advisor/Producer to drive forward its vision of becoming a credible, respected and trusted Public Broadcaster for the Rwandan audience and a model for the region. This advisor will work directly with KC2 programs and production manager and will report directly to the Office of the RTV Division Manager.
The purpose of this role is to support the day to day management of KC2 and provide expert advice in generating high quality content that appeals to the youth audience.
Specifically the Advisor will undertake the following duties;
- Work closely with the Programs Manager for KC2 and colleagues to sourcing and create high quality engaging content,
- Setting the strategy for running a competitive and commercially viable Youth TV channel largely based on relevant content that appeals to the youth audience,
- Setting the work ethic, tone and pace of the station. Predict market trends, set performance expectations, ensure responsibility for maintaining a station’s reputation and market image,
- Coach and mentor young team of KC2 Presenters, reporters and producers on ways of making KC2 programing more appealing to the audiences,
- Train the production team in editing and camera operation,
- Help the producers and present write scripts for promos of the show and work with the graphic team to make it,
- Help the presenters to write script of the shows and questionnaires,
- Work with the team to figure out how to engage people on the social media more and create a feedback process,
- Presenting stories and documentaries is not enough today. The advisor must design strategies to reach target demographics of RBA audience based on the available market research,
- Create harmonized solutions that inspire KC2 team to innovate, manage and monetize a new generation of rich TV experiences for the mass market,
- Take active role in planning in-depth series and special coverage and train reporters, producers on ways of delivering better live reports and improve questioning techniques during interviews,
- Develop KC2 Production standards,
- Guide the branding team on how to create good visuals for a modern TV channel,
- Coach colleagues to safely engage with social media,
- Work with the Social Media team and other internal teams to develop guidance, policies and ensure adherence,
- Work closely with the KC2 Programs and Production manager to conduct monthly evaluations of the productions,
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A University degree in Film production, mass communication, or any other related field,
- At least 7 years’ experience in a relevant social media, communications, Film Production, Editing, Lighting, Audio Design, Scriptwriting, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French, knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
- Confident to present recommendations and advice to all levels of leadership,
- Empathetic, energetic and positive,
- Self management and manage competing demands, prioritizing work to align with RBA priorities,
- Ability to working with young people,
- Exhibit excellent leadership credentials and strong grasp of key innovations in modern digital broadcasting,
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should submit their application letter; a detailed CV duly dated and signed, copies of academic testimonials, a National ID/passport, three professional references and proof of experience. -Application without all the above requirements will not be considered, -Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted. -Applications shall be addressed to: The Director General of RBA, through our careers page: https://rba.co.rw/career , not later than Friday 6th November, 2020 at 4:30 pm.