Jobs at:Right To Play Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates, and empowers children using all forms of play – games, sport, poetry, performance, dance, art, and music. We work with children in some of the most difficult and dangerous places on earth, empowering children with the knowledge and skills to drive change in their lives, their families, and their communities. In 2019, Right To Play transformed the lives of 2.35 million children in 15 countries around the world, working in collaboration with teachers, governments, communities, and parents.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
The Rwanda country office is currently recruiting for a qualified and self-driven candidate to join a team of professionals in Rwanda as Logistics Assistant. .
The Logistics Assistant reports directly to the Logistics Officer where applicable and is responsible for the proper implementation of logistics procedures in all Right To Play programs. He/she is the technical focal point for procurement and transport.
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the incumbent:
Supply chain and procurement
• Generates and updates the list of preferred suppliers; orders and prepares contracts, procures items from local suppliers or elsewhere as appropriate.
• Procures and manages office supplies such as stationery, cleaning material, and catering supplies.
• Keeps clear and well-documented files and well-organized archives on operations: ledgers, requisition orders, release orders, stock/bin cards, stock reports, loss adjustment reports, physical inventory.
• Receives inventory and provides timely, accurate stock and inventory reports including equipment tracking reports for management information and donor reporting purposes.
• Ensures that RTP assets are received, coded, and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of RTP assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
• Manages relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to facilitate the flow of services.
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and
• Ability to work well under tight deadline
• Integrity and details focused
• Excellent research and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage a team and provide feedback
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and application letter to: [email protected] and kindly include “Logistics Assistant” in the subject line. Whilst this position is open until filled candidates are advised to submit their application not later than 5:00 pm on 5th January 2021.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play is a child-centered organization and our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at http://www.righttoplay.com .