Jobs at:University Of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01st August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University Of Rwanda .
• Provide legal advice on all UR interventions
• Collect and keep in records all laws, decisions related to jurisprudence in the area of complaints of interest to the institution;
• Collect, review and keep legal documents, instruments or other materials relating to the University of Rwanda and ensure its operationalization;
• Provide practical legal opinions to ensure that the appropriate legal approach is taken on arising matters in accordance with existing laws;
• Provide legal advice on tender documents;
• Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly;
• Review and advise the management on legal compliance of internal policies and procedures;
• Ensure proper recording of all legal documents and precedents where the institution was involved;
• Provide periodic report.
• Contract management
• Participate in contracts negotiation;
• Draft contracts and get them signed by concerned parties;
• Communicate signed contract to all concerned parties.
• Preserve all documents relating to the contract (negotiation minutes….);
• Monitor contract execution to ensure contract closure, extension or renew;
• Provide legal advice on contract disputes settlement.
• Draft legal instruments
• Draft legislative instruments (Laws and regulations, MOU);
• Ensure proper legal compliance on documents produced within the institution with legal implications;
• Work closely with parliamentary commissions to speed up the adoption of legal provisions in process initiated by UR;
• Liaise with the Ministry of Justice and other Institutions in legal matters
• Work closely with other Institutions including the Office of Attorney General by providing necessary information on legal issues involving the institution.;
• Represent the institution before the court in case he/she is entitled to do so;
• Attend regular coordination and validation meetings organized by the Ministry of Justice and other Institutions.
• Conduct legal research
• Carry out legal research and highlight potential problems that may engage the liability of the institution;
• Propose new amendments and revision of existing legal instruments related to the mission and mandate of the institution;
• Initiate new legal instrument drafting if necessary.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree in Law with three (3) years’ practice in Rwandan public or private as Legal Counsellor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law with Five (5) years’ practice in Rwandan public or private as Legal Counsellor
• Membership with Rwanda Bar Association will be an advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/3782