Head of Partnership and Resource Mobilization in the Business Research Center
Jobs at:Private Sector Federation (PSF)
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Private Sector Federation in Rwanda (PSF) is a professional organization, dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
PSF’s has 30 branches across the country. PSF is purely a private entity, governed by a Board of Directors elected from the business community at the grassroots level to represent and advocate for members’ interests. The Secretariat drives the operations of the Federation through coordination of 10 professional chambers and 76 professional associations.
The Rwanda 2050 Vision and its National Strategy for Transformation 2017-2024 (NST1) mandated the private sector of Rwanda to drive the national economic growth. In order to perform that role and be really on the cornerstone of the economic development of the country based on the key drivers identified in the NST1, the RPSF found imperative to revise accordingly its strategic plan in 2020.
The five - year strategic plan of PSF (2019-2024) emphases on three strategic pillars, that are namely the Advocacy and Research, the Governance and Membership, and the Capability development. For the sake of fulfilling its obligations in that development journey, RPSF managed before to put in place the Imanzi Business Institute (IBI) to promote capabilities in its organs and members. At this stage, RPSF is establishing a Business Research Center (BRC) that will fulfill its Business Research Agenda (BRA) to facilitate the evidence based advocacy and promote the public-private dialogue for policy reforms and elaboration.
In accordance with the five – year Strategic Plan (2021-2025) of the BRA for the evidence based advocacy and trade facilitation, PSF intends to recruit four Senior managers to concentrate on its research programs; those are the Executive Director, the Head of Research and Analysis, the Director of Outreach and Communication, and the Head of Partnership and resource mobilization that is our concern at this stage whereby we are elaborating the terms of reference and requirements for the same position.
It is against these considerations that the Private Sector Federation in partnership with the German Cooperation/GIZ have agreed to recruit a candidate for the position Head of Partnership and resource mobilization, based on the following criteria.
Objectives and scope of the work
• In line with the BRA Strategic Plan and under the guidance of the Executive Director of the BRC, the Head of Partnership and Resource Mobilization, will be responsible for identifying and developing strong networks and partnerships with businesses, relevant associations, selected think tanks and research institutions at national, regional and international level. higher learning institutions, foundations, government institutions, and development partners in order to assist PSF deliver its advocacy mandate
• She/he will work closely with the Platforms of Specialized Groups of women and young entrepreneurs for the inclusive growth. She/he will collaborate with the PSF M&E team and advisers to ensure BRC interventions are well monitored and included in the comprehensive achievements of the Private Sector Federation of Rwanda.
• The Head of Partnership and Resource Mobilization will collaborate closely with the BRC committee and Council/Board, and report directly to their chairpersons particularly before the recruitment of the Executive Director of the BRC is done.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
In summary, the Head of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization is responsible for the following key functions, such as defining resource mobilization, implementing the partnership strategy for the BRC and positioning BRC among other specialized research institutes, and facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Defining of resources mobilization and planning and coordinating of the partnership strategy for the Business Research Centre (BRC),
• Supporting the implementation of the Action Plan as defined by the BRC’s Strategic Plan
• Advises and supports BRC Board in regards to Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
• Positioning BRC among other specialized research institutes
• Facilitate knowledge sharing with partner institutions
• Coordinates interventions with key stakeholders and ensures transparency for the partners
• Advises and supports the PSF with regard to Partnerships and Resource Mobilization for advocacy in general
• Ensures a monitoring and evaluation system is in place and supports the impact monitoring system of BRC
• Document activities and outputs, and regularly reviews the monitoring system to implement improvements together with relevant actors
• Assures timely reporting and provision of all necessary monitoring results to PSF and partners,
• Ensures the coherence and complementarity of all activities with other services delivered by PSF,
• Reports to the supervisor on the activities and achievement when required
• Represents the interests of PSF as and when required
Requirements & Experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field,
• At least five years of relevant experience at the national or international level involving multi-stakeholder projects and partnership development,
• Sound knowledge of the research ecosystem with at least 3 years professional experience,
• Proven experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of fundraising proposal projects,
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written in English required French being an added advantage.
• Professional maturity and sensitivity to working within different cultures.
• Substantial experience working with Private Businesses especially in the field partnership and research
Duration of the contract
The assignment will run for 12 Months, with possibility for extension
The Head of Partnership and Resource Mobilization will be based in Kigali Rwanda.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
In case of questions regarding the assignment, please contact PSF HR department at [email protected]
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until May 31st 2021, at 5:00 PM on the [email protected] HR Department e-mail.