Deadline of this Job:
03rd September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities.
Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2016 we’re working in 100 schools in Rwanda and 12% of secondary schools in Uganda (350 schools) reaching over 120,000 students. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial. Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
In 2012 Educate! partnered with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a student business club structure into Uganda's entrepreneurship course nationally, and in 2015 we began serving as a technical advisor to Rwanda on their national curriculum reform.
Educate!’s team includes 100 staff and over 140 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards, and was featured by Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution.
Educate!’s vision is to reach one million students annually across 10 countries in Africa by 2024..
Design Management – 45%
• Design training needs & examination framework, trainings & teaching materials, across all programs for several different audiences
• Utilize instructional design concepts and principles to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content
• Work with the programs and M&E team on mapping out termly activities
• Oversee and ensure the quality of Pre-Term Refresher training for Youth Leaders on all designed program activities
Experimentation Oversight – 25%
• Build experimentation tools & systems, oversee experiments process and design of experiments across all programs. Identify design solutions that could increase impact or cost-effectiveness to inform Experiments on discovery and prototyping
• Build the capacity of the experimentation coordinator and Rwanda teams on how to use experimentation to drive impact & improvement
• Improve the design of Virtual Support program component of Exchange Follow Up Program through constant learning and experimentation
Country Design Reporting & Logistics Management (20%)
• Create a program design plan for upcoming terms, Implement training and program designs activities in collaboration with the programs teams (ensure the team is prepared to implement the program design and strategy through mock-ups)
• Create a system for planning, management, and quality assurance of design materials. Publish monthly design and training reports updating the design planning and progress
• Develop tools to generate insights on the user's experience of program activities, detailed personas, and user journeys. Participate in field visits to measure program quality on an ongoing basis
• Support the M&E team to Identify and develop strategic design questions on Educate! Exchange and EFP for termly Internal Advisory Board Meeting. Review monitoring data on the progress of teacher pedagogical change & school-based in-service teacher training to inform and adapt design inputs where necessary
• Coordinate with the Programs and National Programs teams to ensure all their termly activities (all training dates and upcoming program activities) are captured in the Design Training Tracker in good time for forwarding planning
Learning & Reform Design Assistance (10%)
• Assist National Program Manager with the design of government workshops, leveraging on feedback on sessions designed by them to designing new content
• Complete design academy modules before the end of your probationary period
• Participate & contribute to global D&X calls, Educate! to learn the program models of other countries. Learn from local field staff, experimentation, and referencing international research.
• Be knowledgeable of key trends, strategies, and language from the fields of design, education, leadership, and entrepreneurship
• Give & receive feedback from at least 1 other designer termly on their work
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years’ experience with a background in education and/or youth development. Demonstrated experience in designing teacher training programs, training and/or lesson plans. Previous work experience with an NGO is a plus.
• Strong writing and editing skills in MS Word and PPT; Attention to detail
• Familiarity with assessments in educational settings; instructional design skills
• Coaching; Giving constructive feedback; strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Versatile and adaptable to rapid and dynamic change
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/1821197#app