Data Quality Team Manager
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Data Quality Team Manager leads a team of Analysts and Associates in ensuring Laterite’s research projects deliver useful and high-quality data for our clients and partners. The Manager ensures that research instruments and data collection, monitoring, and cleaning activities are well-structured and efficient and implements quality control processes to identify and eliminate error or fraud. .
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Data Quality Team Manager (based in Kigali, Rwanda) are:
• Manage the day-to-day task allocation and project assignments of the Data Quality Team,
• Oversee the quality of work produced by the Data Quality Team, which includes survey coding, data auditing, dataset cleaning and manipulation, and analysis.
• Contribute to systems, tools and processes to improve data quality control and monitoring at all stages of the research process and ensure best practices are implemented.
• Uphold standards for data security in compliance with regulations.
• Lead engagement with clients and partners for complex data collection projects to understand data needs so that we help our clients get the evidence they need to make informed decisions.
• Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as the types of projects to pursue, how to develop the team, and how to increase the impact of our research in Rwanda.
As part of Laterite’s management team, you will have a voice in project selection, operations, and process improvements. You will serve as a mentor for the team, actively promote our corporate culture, and help us as an organization to achieve our mission.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Experience working with primary survey data for research and experience managing a team is required. Proficiency in STATA is a must-have and excellent skills in R and/or Python are a strong plus.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or a field related to quantitative research.
• You have at least 3 years of professional experience relevant to this role.
• You have experience working with clients and managing direct reports.
• You have solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle.
• You can quickly identify data quality or data security issues and propose solutions.
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and you are self-motivated; you can flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can be unpredictable.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
• You are willing to develop your professional skills, lead the growth of an organization dedicated to social and economic development, and thrive in an innovative and collaborative organization.
• You are passionate about social and economic research in Sub-Saharan
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: http://africa.https//form.jotform.com/201114440358545