Jobs at:Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE Rwanda)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Inspire, Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE has complemented efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Education Board, contributing to educational implementation. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to provision of quality education. IEE programmes range from: teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies and systems reform. PURPOSE OF THE ROLE The Communications Officer will manage, undertake, assist and contribute to high profile communications for IEE programmes in coordination with various project staff at IEE. The Communications Officer will act as a liaison between IEE, the media and the public, to ensure that IEE programmes gain required visibility. The Communications Officer will also support reporting processes. .
• ·Develop and manage a detailed programmes communications plan, in alignment with IEE’s overall communications plan.
• ·Write and post high profile content and Human-Interest Stories that highlight programme activities, featuring stakeholders’ interaction and experiences with the project.
• ·Manage the IEE webpage as content officer ensuring regular posting of information; Ensure page is up to date, accurate, compelling; Keep IEE’s online presence by updating, revising, and developing its website resources and by developing social media content.
• ·Post IEE’s communications on varied channels including print media, social media, and website.
• ·Contribute to IEE reports and general communications to support communication of programme progress to relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
• ·Provide communication support to overall day-to-day programme management related to all project activities for effective delivery of the programme.
• ·Synthesize programme information in support of effective communications on programmes, supporting implementation, and producing highly focused programme implementation update reports taking into consideration, contextual, policy and logistics related to implementation.
• ·Plan and implement information gathering activities with education stakeholders at national and local levels, for empirical communication on programmes.
• ·Keep abreast of communication trends and adopt them for effective communication on IEE programmes.
• ·Collaborate with IEE management and programme teams to generate programme information both for media sharing and for reporting.
• ·Lead on writing of project information sheets and reports.
• ·Undertake any other project communication roles and activities as may be requested by IEE Management.
Other key responsibilities
• Edit materials (papers, briefs, power point presentations, etc) in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Develop, write and edit communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content.
• Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of IEE communications activities.
• Ensure that all communication material aligns with IEE communications standards.
• Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos as part of programme documentation.
• Work with programme team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns.
• Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach for accurate inclusion of IEE programmes in publications.
• Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise.
• Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms.
• Manage knowledge documentation; support documentation and publication of work and lessons; ensure regular learning sessions occur.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors’ degree, preferably a Masters’ degree (Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, or other related field) and 5 years of proven experience in a similar role.
• Experience in narrative, analytical writing from a range of perspectives.
• Significant experience in and/or demonstraton of broad, in-depth proficiency in content development, including editing communications products for structure, clarity of ideas, and the logical presentation of content.
Work Based Skills, Behaviours and Competencies:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Functional knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, editing skills, and interviewing skills. The role requires a high degree of facility in writing for different audiences (IEE staff, programme stakeholders, students) and for different media (website, social media, annual reports, brochures).
• Solid knowledge of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies for planning, executing and monitoring communications strategies.
• Understanding of the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc
• Exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
• Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
• Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good IT skills including proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset.
• Understanding of communications, public relations, and program promotion best practices.
• Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts.
• Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction.
• Ability to identify and anticipate communications-related risks and opportunities at the country and sub-regional levels.
• Journalistic and analytical writing and presentation skills.
• Demonstrable skills in writing Human Interest Stories is an added advantage.
• Deep knowledge of issues pertaining to education, teaching, and learning, along with awareness of various field-related instructional practices and career pathways.
• Experience in teaching is considered an asset.
• Demonstrable skills and experience in project communications, producing communications papers or equivalent with a proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise reports.
• Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to enthuse and engage a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
• Able to analyze and evaluate complex information, including statistics.
• Professionalism, trustworthiness, and tact.
• Able to schedule work effectively and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Credibility with country stakeholders, such as CSOs, academic institutions, and media;
• Personal and professional integrity, self-motivation, dynamism, imagination and proven ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated willingness to receive feedback and adjust to a rapidly changing environment with evolving priorities;
• Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
• Ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into key messages tailored to target audiences.
Other desirable skills and competencies:
• Able to analyse and respond to external developments and identify issues speedily and effectively.
• Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences. Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility, and engender trust with diverse audiences.
• Time management skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
• Ability to research and quickly disseminate relevant, emerging, and existing evidence-based practices and models.
• Proven stakeholder management skills.
• Proven experience managing a team.
• Demonstrable skills and experience in project leadership, producing policy papers or equivalent with a proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise reports.
• Strong project management experience including planning, initiating, and delivering new initiatives within agreed time scales.
• Demonstrable skills and experience in securing involvement of internal and external stakeholders, planning and facilitating consultation exercises, interviews or fact-finding meetings which result in all relevant information being collected within a limited timeframe.
• Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
• Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
• Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations.
• Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
• Self-motivated, ambitious, goal-oriented.
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
Length of contract: 12 months maximum (with possibility of extension) A 3-month probation period is mandatory
Travel involved: This post requires frequent travel to the field
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 4 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at [email protected] on or before the closing date of August 31, 2020. Please place “Job Titlte” in the subject line of the email when applying. *Not heeding to this instruction will lead to disqualification.