Jobs at:Haguruka NGO
Deadline of this Job:
29 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Title: Implementation of Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) for young adolescents in Faith-based school settings in Rwanda
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Year contract (possible extension)
HAGURUKA is a non-governmental organization registered under the Rwandan Law. We work towards empowering women and children to claim their rights by improving their access to quality justice across the country. HAGURUKA was founded in 1991 and has since been at the forefront of the fight for the rights of women and children. HAGURUKA has its head office in Kigali (the capital city of Rwanda) with regional offices in Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western provinces of the country. We see our beneficiaries as right holders who are empowered to claim their fundamental rights from duty bearers following relevant international and national legal instruments applicable in Rwanda. HAGURUKA has a zero-tolerance approach towards sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
HAGURUKA implements programs that address the immediate human rights needs of vulnerable women and children while working towards combating Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and promoting gender equality. We apply a rights-based approach and a holistic vision of victims’ needs. We Use our shelters in the four provincial centers to provide legal and psychosocial support to women and girls who are victims of sexual violence as part of response.
Hence and more concretely, our focus is on:
• Legal aid and psychosocial counseling support;
• Awareness-raising and social mobilization;
• Capacity building of partners and stakeholders;
• Research and advocacy. .
• Funded by AmplifyChange Limited, HAGURUKA is looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team.
• The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
• To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
• Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
• Management and regular updates of the HAGURUKA Website and Social media sites.
• Writing, editing, and supervision of the production and dissemination of HAGURUKA publications communication and information materials (e.g. newsletters, magazines, press statements, brochures, flyers, posters, videos, etc.)
• Development and dissemination of IEC materials that facilitate sensitization of right holders, communities, and other key stakeholders on relevant rights issues linked to the mission and vision of HAGURUKA,
• Compilation of Impact stories and testimonies from rights holders (Women, children, youths, and other vulnerable populations), partners, and other stakeholders of the programme.
• Compilation of best practices/ success stories and case studies.
• Support the production of and dissemination of the HAGURUKA Quarterly and Annual Reports,
• Produces internal and external newsletters, press releases, brochures, flyers, and posters. Also assists in the production of audio and video productions.
• Takes in lead in researches for compilation and storage of information in relation to program activities.
• Reporting: The Communications Officer will report to the Programme Manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
• Fluency in spoken and written English for purposes of writing all reports, without the need for more than minor edits by the programme management;
• Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
• Proficiency in design and publishing software.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
• Ability to work independently with senior level representatives from counterparts as per direction from HAGURUKA without oversight from project management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to HAGURUKA Executive Secretary at [email protected] The applications include motivation letter, CVs.
The applications will be accepted not later than Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 5:00pm (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
National Executive Secretary