Jobs at:Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Communications Manager leads the AFR team in developing and implementing a communication strategy that is effective in influencing key stakeholders to support AFR’s strategies and goals; particularly where this is likely to promote real benefits for targeted sectors.
• A critical starting point is to support AFR’s managers in identifying the ways in which achievement of strategic goals is dependent upon influencing the attitudes &/or behaviours of key stakeholders and decision-makers; aggregating these insights into an organisation-wide Influencing & Communications plan.
• The Communications Manager then supports the team in implementing the plan, providing coordination, technical advice and support, and overseeing any communications consultants who are deployed on projects.
• As a member of the Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning and Communication team, the Communications Manager also plays a critical role in raising the profile of AFR as a thought leader, managing AFR’s social media, producing other publications, and assisting with the development and dissemination of knowledge resources.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Head of Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning & Communication (MRMLC)
Supervises : Consultants
Scope of Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Work closely with AFR's Senior Management to support the development and implementation of AFR’s strategic & operational plans by contributing expertise in market development, communications and the psychology of influencing
• Co-ordinate the roll-out of the Communications strategy and Annual Work Plan; continuously monitor its effectiveness and impact, analysing learning and making adjustments as required
• Work closely with AFR's Senior Management and colleagues in Knowledge Management and the Research and Information Pillar to ensure knowledge is managed and communicated effectively.
• Lead and manage all those who are involved in communications activities - colleagues and consultants - in a manner that empowers and motivates them to deliver AFR’s goals and objectives
• And other duties as requested by the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Communication.
Education and Qualifications
• Degree in a communications-related field
• Post Graduate Diploma in Development Economics (added advantage)
• Relevant training or certification in social media communication and/or digital design/editing (added advantage)
• 6-10 years’ post-graduation experience as a Communication Specialist or similar role
• Knowledge and understanding of finance sector
• Outstanding writing skills and ability to produce high quality English language content; ability to effectively manage the production of reports and publications
• Experience in developing and implementing Communication and Advocacy strategies with evidence of having effectively led opinion/behavioural change
• Experience in content development for various media platforms (Radio, TV, website, Social media)
• Proven track record in developing media relations and strategic partnerships
• Demonstrable experience in the application of Knowledge Management techniques in both managing and disseminating information
• Proven track record in managing teams and consultants / service providers, including development of terms of reference where required
• Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
• Knowledge of French would be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.