Jobs at:United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
Deadline of this Job:
22 June 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Office of the Prosecutor, Arusha Branch, and Kigali office under the supervision of the Senior PreTrial Attorney. .
• The incumbent will work for the Investigation Team in the preparation, organization and administrative management of ongoing judicial proceedings at the Arusha branch, will have the administrative responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of a case, liaise and co-ordinate with a variety of personnel, be responsible for maintaining filing systems (electronic and hard copy), be responsible for keeping track of all potential evidence, and have responsibility for tracking evidence. The incumbent will further obtain and provide legal research material in connection with the cases, and perform other ad hoc duties as required.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; demonstrated ability to use computer technology.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience as a paralegal or in a court related environment. Case management practice and litigation experience desirable. Management of filing systems for both physical and electronic documentation also highly desirable.
• Language: English and French are the working languages of the Tribunal. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Kinyarwanda is highly desirable. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Job Education Requirements: High School Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
1) Internal staff at the P2 level who meet the requirements are eligible to apply.
2) Interested candidates must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal Inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the IRMCT website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two e-PAS’s (for internal candidates) ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
3) Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position.
4) Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be notified of the final decision.
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
• External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the IRMCT website (www.irmct.org) or from your personal Inspira account and forward electronically to the [email protected] in-box.
• Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Please note, CVs cannot be accepted.
• Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a staff member for the position.
• Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be notified of the final decision.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the IRMCT. Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. IRMCT is a smoke free environment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE AT MIDNIGHT (THE HAGUE TIME) ON THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE OUTCOME.