- Identify and recommend compelling digital financial products (savings, insurance, credit and other payment use-cases) that serve needs of consumers, businesses and financial institutions.
- Monitor and report on FinTech related market trends in Rwanda, including risks & challenges (including regulatory, skills and funding) and make recommendations on how to address identified challenges.
- Lead digital literacy and awareness campaigns to increase trust, adoption and usage of digital financial services.
- Review and recommend on regulatory reforms to support digital payments and FinTech operations.
- Identify and recommend on measures to incentivize adoption and usage of digital payments by merchants and consumers based on experience from other comparable countries and local consumer circumstances.
- Manage the NBR regulatory sandbox office (set requirements for entities to enter regulatory sandbox; receive and assess applications for regulatory sandbox and; monitor performance of FinTechs in regulatory sandbox.
- Follow up the ongoing national retail payment interoperability project, the regional (EAC) payment system project and the upcoming African continental payment system project.
- Undertake statistically relevant demand side surveys to assess the level of adoption of e-payments, reliability of payment systems and, opportunity areas.
- Review and advise the Bank on applications for licensing involving digital financial products.
Education and Experience Requirements;
- Masters degree or equivalent in Information Technology ,Computer Engneering or any other related field.
- Holding professional qualifications is an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Fintech (particularly in innovative projects)
Skills and competencies required;
- Ability to conduct research on practices of other regulatory authorities and payment service providers to identify business process and technology trends and recommend the necessary policy and standards for adoption by the Bank;
- Advisory skills on the development and consistency of the sector and its contribution to the economy;
- Specialist in advisory services, specifically on emerging client needs for regulatory review and industry player demands
Maximum Age : 35 years
Deadline for Application : Jun 5, 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th June, 2021.